Piano Arrangements

Hey all! I'm new to the community but I've been enjoying OCRemix for many, many years now.

I'm a pianist and I've been getting more into composition lately. There are so many piano gaming transcriptions available on the web, but most of them are terrible—with all the parts condensed into one horribly typeset, unplayable file. Bleh.

What I would like to create is a collection of well-arranged game themes for piano. Something along the lines of Karl Harmdierks' repertoire, but more expansive and more frequently updated.

My question is... would recordings of these arrangements be welcome on OCR? I don't know exactly how remix-y/inventive pieces are supposed to be here, or if there's a limit on number of submissions, or if arrangers are supposed to submit a diverse set of styles. I'm not transcribing the songs verbatim, but I'm also not taking the music so far as to be unrecognizable. (As an example, right now I'm working on a jazz rendition of New Bark Town & the National Park theme, since they're similar harmonically and aesthetically. I'm reharmonizing some stuff and taking the melody into 3/4 near the end, but the rest stays pretty close to the original, just arranged pianistically with good voice leading and whatnot. I'm also working on turning the Route 29 theme into a three-voice fugue. Don't think I've heard any Baroque music on here, heh.)

Anyways, once I worked up a decent number of these arrangements I'd create a site dedicated to sharing them with others.

Really excited to get involved with the community here. :)

Take what I have to say with a mole or two of sodium chloride.

I say: Do your own thing. If you want to make beautiful engravings of interesting piano reductions or arrangements of existing game music--do it, there's a place for you in this community, even if you don't submit them as remixes.

Do it because you want to do it, not because the site wants you to do it.

I say: Do your own thing. If you want to make beautiful engravings of interesting piano reductions or arrangements of existing game music--do it, there's a place for you in this community, even if you don't submit them as remixes.

Do it because you want to do it, not because the site wants you to do it.

Agreed.

The Criteria is listed here. http://ocremix.org/info/Submission_Standards_and_Instructions.

This thread list some updates that have been made to the criteria http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38885&page=4.

Mmm, if you're not sure if the arrangement will fit the criteria after reading the guidelines you could also create a thread in the WIP forum posting a MIDI of the arrangement (assuming it isn't hand written). If you need specific feedback on it, message a workshop mod asking for help once it's posted in the forum - it's what we're here for.