OCR02642 - Descent II & I "Eternal Descent"

djpretzel

Definitely a remix that takes a few listens to enjoy fully, a lot of diversity and fantastic transitions especially near the end. Reading the write-up I was expecting metal - and the parts that rock are pretty great, but I'm enjoying this for its electronic aspects, and the generally laid back feel. With everyone struggling to make hyper-energetic music it is GREAT to hear something like this that focuses on substance and atmosphere.

One of the most complete ReMixes I've heard in a while. Everything has it's place in this arrangement as a plus and I heard nothing wrong in the production either. Great use of vocoded vocals. Loved the combination of metal and electronic elements. Kickass debut, Brent.

Love it. Couldn't of picked a better track from Descent 2 to remix. I was the same. Just sitting through the credits just listening to the MIDI/AWE32 versions of it.

Really needs to be more Descent remixes and I'm glad we have a few talented remixers to step up to the plate.

Question is. What are the vocals in the background saying and why do they sound so familiar?

• 1 year later...

Will not obtain... Ahem, sorry. So this remix clearly shows that Brent has some mixes that are less odd and more melodic than his latest works. The idea to blend ambient textures with some excellent shreddage, toe-tapping electronica and minimalist vocals is surely neat. The whole piece sounds really complex. Ok, let's be honest - 27 x "Will not obtain" = pure win. I love how the same phrase repeats, while the musical background itself changes several times. The drop at 3:25 is awesome. It's like you're flying through the outer space. So great!

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02642 - Descent II & I "Eternal Descent"