OCR Mascots: Class of Spring 2013 - Voting Closed

Liontamer

1. Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
  2. Pit (Kid Icarus)
  3. Arthur (Ghosts'n Goblins)

Lots of deserving competitors. Let's pick some series that aren't yet represented, 'cause Mario has two character entries and more than 10 series entries already.

EDIT: Ryu's out (well, he won a while ago apparently) and Arthur bumps Pit up. I thought the Red Demon was already a mascot but apparently not?

Edited by Callas

Following up from my prior post, I've got an ongoing spreadsheet tabulating the scores as they come. Is this okay?

It'd be better to label the columns with the voter names to reduce the potential for error.

Taken from the Bare Knuckle Manual:

Antonio

Souther

Bongo

Yasha and Onihime

Taken from the Bare Knuckle III Manual:

Axel Stone

Blaze Fielding

Eddie 'Skate' Hunter / Sammy

I thought this was inherent based on what we're looking for, but...

1) It's not enough to just have some grainy images, they need to be high-quality resolution without obvious scanning artifacts.

2) The art for the villains is cool, but unless it's a major/popular antagonist like Mr. X or Shiva from SoR2, we're probably not going to add bosses that are more minor.

3) Even if the hero images were really high quality, they're sketch style and don't have clean borders, which makes it more difficult for djp to cut the character out of the background. The images need clean lines, preferably on a white background.

That said, I'm glad you looked, maybe something legit that would also be of usable quality will turn up!

Edited by Liontamer

Is there any particular reason for the voting? Can't people donate bios and art for characters and get them added to the database? This seems like something that would be so much more efficient if it was open. Maybe I'm just going crazy because 90% of my time on OCR Forums is spent with the angry punching bag from Waku Waku staring me down.

Is there any particular reason for the voting? Can't people donate bios and art for characters and get them added to the database? This seems like something that would be so much more efficient if it was open. Maybe I'm just going crazy because 90% of my time on OCR Forums is spent with the angry punching bag from Waku Waku staring me down.

1. Our esteemed Bio editors, Dafydd & Polo, prefer to work with manageable batches rather than having 50 new bios being needed at once.
  2. Our esteemed poobah, David J. Pretzel, prefers to work with manageable batches rather than having 50 new mascots being needed at once.
  3. It's more fun to vote and involve the people, that way we know what the community wants to see added first, and we can go by that priority. We're still going to add more later.
  4. It's not a huge database, it's just the pics on some Wiki pages; it's not going to be (nor is it meant to be) an exhaustive set of mascots for every major game represented on the site. It's just a rotation of game characters with bios to add something cool and informative.

Bev, my votez r real:

1. Tanooki Mario
  2. Amaterasu
  3. Bayonetta

Edited by Liontamer