OCR02643 - Kirby Super Star "Blowing Bubbles in Space"

djpretzel

So, true story, my little nieces have just gotten into video games because they wanted to play after watching me do it. Wanting to give them an easy start, I let them play Kirby together and they love it. So then I showed them some of the ReMix album tunes afterwards and they both loved that as well. Their favorite song from the album? This one. Halc always does a great job with light, happy chippy tunes, so Bubbly Clouds was great fit. Again, I have to praise the use of SFX in the track, which a lot of ReMixes on this album did well Wonderful stuff.

Not sure if newer songs just don't hold my attention the way "older"mixes do, or if I've heard "too many" mixes in this style lately: but the mix seems a bit too simply saccharine, lacking in deeper flavor, on the short side, and doesn't have a satisfying (imo) ending.

A sugar shot. Good for when you need that.

I'm in for one. I totally get where the artist is going. It's fun, and I found myself grooving out while listening to it.

Of course, I'm a sucker for chips. Looking forward to getting to know this one. Going straight into the "OC New" playlist.

TY!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

“Blowing Bubbles in Space.” That totally sounds like something Kirby would do. Space logic be damned. There wasn’t that much to keep me invested in the track, as I would space out while trying to focus on listening to this track. It’s simple and nice, but not compelling enough for me.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02643 - Kirby Super Star "Blowing Bubbles in Space"