Working on a game

SJSOFT

To be honest and strict at the same time i have to say that this project comes way to early to even look out for music. There are alot of "first projects" out there vanishing at not even half of the progress.

Do you want to build a game and add some Music or do you want to build your game based on the music? If the last one is the case you should mention to credit the Musician 100% of the credits length!

Don't agree to do the project unless it is mostly finished and at a stage where it actually needs you.

To be fair, it can take an indie composer (as most typically have full-time jobs and lives to run) months to complete even 25 minutes of usable music and composers can be a fickle bunch (admit it, its true). A lot of times they just want to get someone they can trust in and get started when they're ready.

So while its really smart to wait until a project is mostly finished, it's also not really necessary and probably not great time management on the developers' end. IMO, a better compromise would be to wait until the project is like half finished.

To be honest and strict at the same time i have to say that this project comes way to early to even look out for music. There are alot of "first projects" out there vanishing at not even half of the progress.

Do you want to build a game and add some Music or do you want to build your game based on the music? If the last one is the case you should mention to credit the Musician 100% of the credits length!

There is a big gameplay puzzle solving area in which you have beat/music puzzles but it's also a platformer. This is exactly why we need music. And me and my partner are extremely commited to this project.

this is incredibly ambitious for your first game. Six platforms? That's crazy.

Well C++ can work on ubuntu, windows, apple, and consoles. As long as you know what you're doing of course!

Edited by SJSOFT

Like me and my partner said. We are 100% committed to the project and we will work on it for as long as it takes to be the next best platformer!

A sentence alot of people submitting to independent delevopement had heard. I know its highly speculative, but relationships do change after a certain time. A decent Project is nothing that a handful of people make in a few month. Everything you describe sounds more like a raw idea floating high into future visions then being a fully riped concept...

Convince people with something stronger then just words to join you and good luck!

A sentence alot of people submitting to independent delevopement had heard. I know its highly speculative, but relationships do change after a certain time. A decent Project is nothing that a handful of people make in a few month. Everything you describe sounds more like a raw idea floating high into future visions then being a fully riped concept...

Convince people with something stronger then just words to join you and good luck!

In an earlier post I explained how we are creating the website and that we have (was our 3rd) now our 4th prototype in which is the basic design of the first 3 levels. It is undisclosed at the time but when we have the alpha version of world 1 completed (which will be around early august or late july) then we will have footage out. In the meantime, wait for the website and then you'll get much more info than I can present in text. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this has been an odd week. My computer died just before the release of our prototype/website so that's not good. But no need to worry because the files are on google drive AND github so the project isn't doomed. I'm keeping on top of the project as hard as I can (that's what she said) but once I get the thing repaired I'll be back on the project! sorry it took so long to reply. No computer problems are gonna get in the way! Because.... yeah! lol but I'm committed to the project (I've been designing it on the library computer.)

• 2 weeks later...
Just out of curiosity, have you made the deal potable yet? I.e. are you paying people or doing anything from your end to make it worth it for an artist? So far I've seen lots of "we're committed" but not "it'll be worth it for you."

Someone was going to be paid but I'm on waitlist with Disasterpiece. He has a good deal for pay and he made the brilliant FEZ soundtrack that I absolutely love! So I wont be needing this forum anymore. Thank you!