OCR01455 - Kirby Super Star "Victory Festival"

djpretzel

Personally, I don't think it was a wise idea to relesae this months before the completion of an incoming project (in this case Milkyway Wishes). The problem I've seen with pre-releases involved in a project is that peoples' reactions to the project lacken when the entire thing comes out. Just look at what happened to Hedgehog Heaven and Chrono Symphonic; they're both okay in their own rights, but I felt the pre-release material from there scattered at OCRemix and VGMix have helped bring down the overall anticipation way too much.

Now that that thought is out of the way, this sounds interesting. Did you just transfer a short 15-20 second intermission into an irish folk song? O.o If that was my thought on the source material, definitely an interesting and upbeat attire showcased here, and as far as Geoff's tech-based antics have shown I think I see it as a big, BIG improvement in comparison to Cavern of Dreams.

However, people have still stated something like synthetic sounds being used down the line. That can be true for some of Usa's instruments, and I would have thought that with elements like that it should have gone through to the Judges. But it's still fine seeing it here nonetheless.

Mad props to the pair of you, and welcome to the OCR clan Dan :D(aaargh, did I rhyme that? I need a life.)

Don't forget Usa helped >.>

Seems like most of the attention is tis review thread has been directed at me, so before my ego gets inflated too much, I'd like to point out that this piece wouldn't have been nearly as good without Usa's help.

damn straight

show some Usa love f00's

And rexy, don't worry. I have a feeling that this song will not kill any "zomg"s that I will be getting when my project is done.

And hold up....pretzel heard this at the DC meetup....did I even ASK you *as in Geoffrey* to join the project around that time? I thought I asked you a little afterwards....Pretzel must either be smokin or thinkin of another song

Oh, good to see this thread. I didn't know about it being posted here, and I am rather surprised :o I thought is was some secret project song that will be released together with the project... oh, well :) I am at least glad to see it now and read through the comments, which seem to reflect a lot of positive feedback. Thanks, folks! :)

Everything is nice except the bagpipe that comes in at 00:42, which makes a horrible contrast to the lovely irish whistle. The sample is looping about 10 times per second, and it sounds awfully synthetic, which is a shame. There must have been a better bagpipe patch. Other than that, I love it.

hmm... these bagpipes are not my fault, I would have had better ones, so don't blame me here (as seen later in this thread) :P

Don't forget Usa helped >.>

Seems like most of the attention is tis review thread has been directed at me, so before my ego gets inflated too much, I'd like to point out that this piece wouldn't have been nearly as good without Usa's help.

damn straight

show some Usa love f00's

And rexy, don't worry. I have a feeling that this song will not kill any "zomg"s that I will be getting when my project is done.

And hold up....pretzel heard this at the DC meetup....did I even ASK you *as in Geoffrey* to join the project around that time? I thought I asked you a little afterwards....Pretzel must either be smokin or thinkin of another song

Nope, he's right; I showed it to him at the DC meetup. You asked me to join awhile before that.

I see. Wow, I am actually surprised. It feels as though I asked you to join only about a month ago...

I think the only word that is appropriate to you at this moment in time Dan is... "surprise" ;)

Thanks for the clarification, but you do realise that it's not *your* project? :P

I always state "KWarp and my". Can't I be egotistical once in a while and actually bask in the glory from the fact that I actually came up with the idea?

Not saying that he isn't doing anything, cause he knows that I appreciate his work a lot, but...I did come up with the idea T_T

You know what I love the most about this piece? It completely embodies Jeremy's personality: fun-loving, upbeat, quirky, and carefree! I know it sounds cheesey, but listening to this only reminds me how glad I am to have him as a friend.

You're a good man, Geoffrey Taucer!

Great work from the both of you. ^_^

yeah, what jill said. LOLz

I frikkin loved it. A great arrangement of instruments. Keep up the good work.Song sounds so familiar and Ive played this game millions of times. What song is it? Cant quite get it down in my head.
Victory Star 3

EDIT: (I won't be surprised if anybody doesn't recognize it; the source tune was about 10 seconds long.)

There were two songs that this mix instantly reminded me of: The Millinial(sp?) fair theme from Chrono Trigger and the Termina Theme from Chrono Cross. It's scary to me how closely this seems go along with those songs.

Very Mitsuda.

But fortunately, I enjoy the Millinial Fair and Termina themes. Thusly, I like this song. Keep up the good work Taucer (and USA).

I am so happy that you all like the music that they did. It is this sort of thing that I really want to experience when the project comes out. The reason we do these projects is this right here. Just the feeling we get when we see people loving what we produce.

It is with this that I thank you all. Without you, we would not have inspiration to do such awesome things. So thank you to each and every one of you. You all are great :)

I am so happy that you all like the music that they did. It is this sort of thing that I really want to experience when the project comes out. The reason we do these projects is this right here. Just the feeling we get when we see people loving what we produce.

It is with this that I thank you all. Without you, we would not have inspiration to do such awesome things. So thank you to each and every one of you. You all are great :)

Boy, you'd almost think Arek was the one who did the mix

;p

EDIT: Damn, what a waste of a 1500th post

There were two songs that this mix instantly reminded me of: The Millinial(sp?) fair theme from Chrono Trigger and the Termina Theme from Chrono Cross. It's scary to me how closely this seems go along with those songs.

Very Mitsuda.

But fortunately, I enjoy the Millinial Fair and Termina themes. Thusly, I like this song. Keep up the good work Taucer (and USA).

Haha, you forgot to mention the Lahan Theme from Xenogears :P

wow - fabulous. i just love this. ^_^

Oh, wow. This remix is awesome...considering that's rare, because I'm usually a hard ass when listening to remixes. Great stuff, really! I love it, but I can't recognize the original song. Can anybody name it for me?

I'm the same way. a bitch that's not easily pleased. but this is just simply pleasing. im pleased. so please, more please. ^_^

Seriously great stuff, from Usa, and the man with the magical hair. This really sounds great and it's one of best damn mixes I've ever heard. I really like this light, carefree type of music. Not only does it help me study, but it also seems to make everything so much brighter and crisp when hearing it on your selected MP3 player and walking on the street.

Ok that sounded corny, but it's the truth.

It's technically great, kudos to both on that, and my only gripe is that it's not long enough. We want more of this stuff!

Congrats you two. This rocked.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01455 - Kirby Super Star "Victory Festival"