Sonic '06 Soundtrack - Opinions?

Favor

I've been listening to the Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 soundtrack a lot lately, and I must say, I am quite enjoying it. (Don't hit that reply button to call me a blasphemous wanker just yet. Hear me out)

The tracks have a lot of depth and flavor in them that makes them enjoyable to listen. I wouldn't go as far to say "I'm surprised there aren't any sonic '06 remixes on this site", but still, I'm quite impressed with the soundtrack. Perhaps, if the rest of game was given the same amount of attention that the music was, Sonic '06 would've been half-way decent. Here's some of my favorites from the soundtrack so far, in case you haven't heard the soundtrack or need a refresher:

Crisis City:

Kingdom Valley:

Flame Core (Cavern):

Flame Core (Volcano):

Aquatic Base (Level 1):

Does anyone else think the soundtrack in Sonic '06 is enjoyable and impressive like I do? Should I be exiled from society for liking any part of Sonic '06 at all? What are you thoughts?

Sonic never has a bad OST. For as much hate Sonic Adventure 2 gets (for some reason I still haven't figured out), it also has one of my favorite OSTs (Shadow's Theme plz)

I never took a close listen to the '06 OST except Crisis City but yeah, you're right. These hit the spot. I really like the pseudo-cyberpunk feel the Sanic games of that era had.

As much as the game itself was an utter piece of crap, Sonic hardly ever fails to have sucky music.

The worst I can think of is Sonic R, and that's just simply because the vocals were bad. But the MUSIC itself was never bad.

Sonic Adventure 2 gets a lot of hate? The only reason I've heard for hating that game is it somehow made the fanbase awful? Sonic Adventure 2 is personally one of my favorite games of any of the Sonic games, and yes, its soundtrack is beast.

Sonic Adventure 2 gets a lot of hate? The only reason I've heard for hating that game is it somehow made the fanbase awful? Sonic Adventure 2 is personally one of my favorite games of any of the Sonic games, and yes, its soundtrack is beast.

While the fanbase is probably part of it, I think Sonic Adventure 2 is something you had to grow up with as a kid. I have a friend who purchased SA2 Battle later in life and he isn't as fond of it as I am. Sonic Adventure 2 is one of my favorite sonic games as well, personally.

Sonic never has a bad OST.

I wouldn't say never (I wasn't as big a fan of Sonic Rush's OST), but Sonic's games in general do have great soundtracks.

Listening to Mephiles Phase 2 (

). Love how dark it is and how it sets the mood for the battle.

Sonic never has a bad OST

*coughSonicChroniclescough*

I definitely acknowledged the score pretty well when I got round to checking it out in full. Even went on to remix it on

, but that's beside the point.

Course, like all people, you all have opinions at the end of the day. Yet, don't feel so worried; the common consensus is that Sonic '06 is one of those games that can be seen as "crappy game with a hot OST". Now, I eventually got to play it myself and it wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be, but still, wild experience was just wild. o_O

The worst I can think of is Sonic R, and that's just simply because the vocals were bad. But the MUSIC itself was never bad.

The vocals for Sonic R are awesome, T.J Davis is an amazing singer, what you mean is the lyrics, the lyrics are terribly cheesy.

...but i like cheesy.

Hence why i also like the soundtrack for MSR for the dreamcast.

Sonic 06's only redeeming quality was its soundtrack.

This is the one only thing that is both Sonic and something I am avoiding like the plague. I've almost given in several times and bought the game then I remembered that just playing the demo on XBL was bad enough of an experience. What I have heard from the soundtrack I like but my connection to it has been very limited.

As far as Sonic's modern soundtracks I'd have to go with Sonic Unleashed as my favorite.

Story Time:

So, many summers ago, my friend came from West Virginia to Maryland for a week and he was all about achievements. He also had an XBox 360, which I didn't. Sonic 06 just came out. I was amazed, it looked so much better than Sonic Heroes, and I loved that game. I loved all Sonic games (didn't like that Sonic X show in the slightest, though). I coerced him into renting it from Blockbuster. He looked it up and saw it only had four achievements, and they were some small number each. He asked me how long it would take to get them, and I said "it's a Sonic game, it won't be long." Dear god, was I wrong.

We spent the better part of the week playing it, taking breaks for Halo 2 and going to the beach, but we played this thing. After watching the Pokecapn Let's Play, I discovered we played through about 1/2 of the Sonic campaign. ONLY the Sonic campaign. I earned him no achievements and caused days of pain just TRYING to beat a level. I refused to believe the game was bad. Then I played Sonic Unleashed's day levels and realized how a Sonic game SHOULD play. I was so disappointed with myself and I still am.

In suffice, I sorta liked the music. Nothing brilliant, but it's there and it doesn't offend (except when they stole Flashman's theme).

Oh, you're one of those people. :roll:I kid of course, the music is pretty good. =P

I was about to go on a rant until I saw the white text :lol:

This is the one only thing that is both Sonic and something I am avoiding like the plague. I've almost given in several times and bought the game then I remembered that just playing the demo on XBL was bad enough of an experience. What I have heard from the soundtrack I like but my connection to it has been very limited.

I'm lucky enough to have a friend who purchased the game so that I don't have to as well. Whenever we need a good laugh/challenge, we boot up the game and rip on it as much as we can.

As far as Sonic's modern soundtracks I'd have to go with Sonic Unleashed as my favorite.

Unleashed does have a great soundtrack as well. Big fan of rooftop run day and dragon road night's themes myself.

I've been listening to the Sonic The Hedgehog 2006 soundtrack a lot lately, and I must say, I am quite enjoying it. (Don't hit that reply button to call me a blasphemous wanker just yet. Hear me out)

The tracks have a lot of depth and flavor in them that makes them enjoyable to listen. I wouldn't go as far to say "I'm surprised there aren't any sonic '06 remixes on this site", but still, I'm quite impressed with the soundtrack. Perhaps, if the rest of game was given the same amount of attention that the music was, Sonic '06 would've been half-way decent. Here's some of my favorites from the soundtrack so far, in case you haven't heard the soundtrack or need a refresher:

Crisis City:

Kingdom Valley:

Flame Core (Cavern):

Flame Core (Volcano):

Aquatic Base (Level 1):

Does anyone else think the soundtrack in Sonic '06 is enjoyable and impressive like I do? Should I be exiled from society for liking any part of Sonic '06 at all? What are you thoughts?

As a Sega fan since the Genesis years I have to agree with you, mainly because it's always been a trend for Sega to deliver in the music department and that is still apparent in a complete stinker like Sonic '06. So don't check yourself into the loony house just yet mate :D.