Mega Man & Sonic the Hedgehog - Blue Bomber Blue Blur Collision Competition

DarkeSword

I really want to do this one. I thought I'd be able to, too, if it were in June, but at this moment with school + projects that I'm finishing I don't think I can do this (six weeks of raw remixing? Yeah, I don't think I can muster the time for that).

Might still join, but... urgh, I know I won't get more than two or three of my remixes done...

I really want to do this, but I have unfortunately missed the whole Sonic series. I've played Sonic 2 on that awesome handheld console Sega released back in the days, but only at friends so I haven't really heard the music enough.

I will listen to some Sonic music now.

Yeah, same here. But half an hour on Youtube later and I'm good to go!

I really wasn't sure before, so thanks guys :). Also, would White of Sky from Sonic and the Secret Rings be eligible? or a Sonic and the Black Knight Song?

I'm not fully sure which Sonic games aren't allowed. Which is why I am asking X).

I have sooo much to do, so joining might not be a good idea......but if Secret Rings is okayed....

White of the Sky is okay because it's the Skeleton Dome level theme. Basically any LEVEL theme from a Sonic game is okay. It's just boss themes, character themes, and hub world themes that aren't allowed.

what about the newer "retro" Mega Man Games (9 & 10) that are available on virtual console/download?

EDIT: Eh went ahead and submitted. If I chose bad themes then let me know and I'll re-submit :) I actually chose all themes from Mega Man 9 because I am not familiar with the series at all...

Edited by KingTiger

@Cosmic Sounds: DarkeSword forgot to actually come out and say it this time, but I'm pretty sure this is just O.G. Mega Man, not X/Zero/ZX.

Aw Man XD, those songs were amazing! Oh well, I'll look to see what else I could chose, but I hope that I can keep them :-).

(Maybe this issue will pave the way for a future ZX/Zero Compo. ;-), because I believe that X has already been done.)

Also, I'm not sure how to change my picks in the Google docs...

Edit: Yeah, I don't think that they'll be allowed. I'll search for a replacement song, thanks for the early heads up! :)

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

As for looking into this, I don't think it's wise for me to take part

If you are entering with the hope/expectation of winning, then, yes, you will likely be disappointed (not because of any lack of skill, but because how these things turn out is so random sometimes that it's impossible to predict).

If you want to just have fun and make lots of mixes, then you totally should join.

Still, why did no one come up with this idea before xD

All of my good ideas come from comic books.

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?p=916850#916850

what about the newer "retro" Mega Man Games (9 & 10) that are available on virtual console/download?

EDIT: Eh went ahead and submitted. If I chose bad themes then let me know and I'll re-submit :) I actually chose all themes from Mega Man 9 because I am not familiar with the series at all...

Mega Man 9 and 10 are okay, I just forgot to put them in the list.

Aw Man XD, those songs were amazing! Oh well, I'll look to see what else I could chose, but I hope that I can keep them :-).

(Maybe this issue will pave the way for a future ZX/Zero Compo. ;-), because I believe that X has already been done.)

Also, I'm not sure how to change my picks in the Google docs...

Edit: Yeah, I don't think that they'll be allowed. I'll search for a replacement song, thanks for the early heads up! :)

Post here what you want your mega man picks to be and I'll change them.

If you are entering with the hope/expectation of winning, then, yes, you will likely be disappointed (not because of any lack of skill, but because how these things turn out is so random sometimes that it's impossible to predict).

If you want to just have fun and make lots of mixes, then you totally should join.

You're saying this to Rexy? All-time PRC champion and all-around badass remixer? If she signed up right now, on the Sonic side 'cause I know she would, I don't see anyone currently on the Mega Man side I'd favor to beat her.

But another great reason to join is just to get your choice of source in there. Right now it looks like I get to force Theory of N, Tuberz McGee, and KingTiger to make Mega Water S mixes. That's a no-lose scenario.

It's possible to change your picks yourself, which I did, but I don't know how to get back to that page.

I considered Ring Man as my fourth pick... MM4 has way too many overlooked themes. I'm bubbling over with Toad Man ideas that I'm saving for this summer.

Post here what you want your mega man picks to be and I'll change them.

My Choice Changes (Final):

Sonic:

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 06' - Aquatic Base (Level 1)

2. Sonic Unleashed - Jungle Joyride (Night)

3. Sonic and the Secret Rings - Skeleton Dome (White of Sky)

4. Sonic the Hedgehog 06' - Kingdom Valley (Water)

Mega Man:

1. Mega Man 6 - Wind Man

2. Mega Man 6 - Centaur Man

3. Mega Man 2 - Wood Man

4. Mega Man 2 – Elec Man

I gave this a lot of thought, so these will be my last changes. I still prefer Sonic the Hedgehog. Thanks Darke :).

You're saying this to Rexy? All-time PRC champion and all-around badass remixer? If she signed up right now, on the Sonic side 'cause I know she would, I don't see anyone currently on the Mega Man side I'd favor to beat her.

I wasn't saying it thinking of her skill level at all. Just that there was some drama before that I think she's referencing that she would like to avoid, but if she didn't care whether she won or lost, it would be easy to avoid this time around.

No, it's more than just that. Since I'm going into the hospital for a minor operation next week, a competition will just add too much to the strain. There's a time and place for these things, but it's just not now.

But like I said, I will still take a look at how it turns out and give my support when needed :)

I knew someone would make a competition on the crossover comic.:smile: Unfortanutly, I'm afraid I won't be taking part in this because...

1) I lack the eqiupment for it

2) I don't have the time for it

3) I have bigger fish to fry (SEGA Saturn 20th Year Album)

But I will wish everyone who are competing the very best of luck.

So I evaluated my time & my priorities, and I realized if I do this compo, along with all the other musical stuff I'm doing on OCR, I'll be spending all my free time making music and none of it with my wife and my daughter. So, Darke, could you please remove me from the roster? I really really want to do this compo, but family comes first. Sorry guys :-\ I'll just save all my awesome Sonic ideas for the SZRC later this year >:-D

Well, if you'll have this newbie, I'd be most honored to join this competition... on the side of the Blue Bomber!

My choices were just sent in, and I'm most certainly looking forward to this! :mrgreen:

Edited by Mr. L

GODDAMNIT COMPUTER! WHY YOU NO WANT TO WORK PROTOOLS!

Ugh, the year I get a new computer and time to record music, Protools 8 doesn't want to run on the new PC. I'd love to join, I'm a massive Sonic junkie and I love the Mega Man remixes, but again, while I have an Mbox hooked up to my computer, I have no production experience and a lack of software... again, DAMN YOU PROTOOLS FOR BEING SO OUT OF DATE WHEN I BOUGHT YOU! Or received it. Or something. I don't remember, I think it was a birthday gift in 2011 when Protools 8 was already superceded (and 9 was the very next year...I think). So, unfortunately, I'm gonna have to sit this one out.

GODDAMNIT COMPUTER! WHY YOU NO WANT TO WORK PROTOOLS!

Ugh, the year I get a new computer and time to record music, Protools 8 doesn't want to run on the new PC. I'd love to join, I'm a massive Sonic junkie and I love the Mega Man remixes, but again, while I have an Mbox hooked up to my computer, I have no production experience and a lack of software... again, DAMN YOU PROTOOLS FOR BEING SO OUT OF DATE WHEN I BOUGHT YOU! Or received it. Or something. I don't remember, I think it was a birthday gift in 2011 when Protools 8 was already superceded (and 9 was the very next year...I think). So, unfortunately, I'm gonna have to sit this one out.

There's always Reaper, with its unlimited and uncrippled free trial. It's a great DAW to learn on when you're unwilling to plunk down lots (or any) money just yet. I finally paid for my copy yesterday; although I told myself I wouldn't pay for it until I got something posted or placed higly in a significant compo, I've spent enough time on it that the folks at Cockos have earned my money. Edited by MindWanderer

There's always Reaper, with its unlimited and uncrippled free trial. It's a great DAW to learn on when you're unwilling to plunk down lots (or any) money just yet. I finally paid for my copy yesterday; although I told myself I wouldn't pay for it until I got something posted or placed higly in a significant compo, I've spent enough time on it that the folks at Cuckos have earned my money.

Yeha I got Reaper a few years ago, it's one of the best DAWs out there and the price is just unbeatable. I prefer it over some other commercial DAWs myself.

As far as this compo goes, I'm afraid I'll pass in order to be responsible about other stuff I have to work in. But if all goes according to plan, it will be worth it for me and everyone who would like some more good tunes from me. I'll keep a close eye over this compo though.