Mega Man & Sonic the Hedgehog - Blue Bomber Blue Blur Collision Competition

DarkeSword

This format would work with any even number of participants, so it could in theory be run even now. On the other hand, Team Mega Man is at 6 while Team Sonic is only at 4, so without two more Sonic players, someone has to switch sides.

Hmm, it hasn't been a week just yet (6 days, I believe?)...

But, in the end, I'd be happy to be on either team here. So, if we can't get two more mixers for the Sonic side and / or if DarkeSword wants to go ahead and start, then I'll be happy to switch teams so we can begin remixing! :mrgreen:

If, on the other hand, we get two more Sonic mixers, then I'll just change my Mega Man choice to another choice so DarkeSword doesn't have to flip a coin.

Regardless of team - remixes combining Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog themes - everyone wins anyway! :)

Edit: Misunderstood the first post; sorry about that. Leaving the above anyway. Still fine with either team, though! :)

Edited by Mr. L
Clarification.

This format would work with any even number of participants, so it could in theory be run even now. On the other hand, Team Mega Man is at 6 while Team Sonic is only at 4, so without two more Sonic players, someone has to switch sides.

I'm going to put people on teams. That's why I asked for both MM and Sonic selections.

I've been very on the fence about this. I definitely want to do it, but my track record in the last couple compos I've entered has been pretty....low-output :(, and I really didn't want to take a spot that someone else really wanted. If the roster's not full by now, though, I think I'm gonna spring for it. Gonna have to go Mega Man, as that's all I really know, so if I get that and push someone onto the Sonic side, my sincerest apologies. Gonna research some Sonic music right now, and should be signed up soon.

But another great reason to join is just to get your choice of source in there. Right now it looks like I get to force Theory of N, Tuberz McGee, and KingTiger to make Mega Water S mixes. That's a no-lose scenario.

I'm REALLY tempted to pick Clown Man just because of this. Of course, the cost of such a joke could potentially be 12 Quick Man remixes, and that's just a little too expensive.

I've been very on the fence about this. I definitely want to do it, but my track record in the last couple compos I've entered has been pretty....low-output :(, and I really didn't want to take a spot that someone else really wanted. If the roster's not full by now, though, I think I'm gonna spring for it. Gonna have to go Mega Man, as that's all I really know, so if I get that and push someone onto the Sonic side, my sincerest apologies. Gonna research some Sonic music right now, and should be signed up soon.

There are two more spots, my friend! So it's certainly not too late!

Edited by Mr. L

I'm going to put people on teams. That's why I asked for both MM and Sonic selections.
Yeah, I know, but it would be nice if everyone got their first choice. There seem to be some people, like therex and Mr. L, who would be happy on either side, and others, like Cosmic Sounds, Xarnax42, and myself, who have very strong preferences. Edited by MindWanderer

and others, like Cosmic Sounds, Xarnax42, and myself, who have very strong preferences.

XD That’s true, I do like and prefer Sonic :mrgreen:. We only need one more Sonic sign-up, considering that therex already switched to Sonic.

We need one more person who has " a need for speed", or one more person to get us "up, over, and gone" over this last hurdle so that this competition can begin, because "we're waitiiing" for this competition to start. :mrgreen:So many Sonic quotes, XD

Edit: I should note that we have three more days until Sunday, which is plenty of time for someone else to sign up. (Read the front page for reference :)).

@therex: Toxic Caves is an amazing song. I loved playing Sonic Spinball as a kid :).

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

8 vs 4, seems legit.

The roster has not been updated just yet, but...

A few posts back, therex agreed to switch to Team Sonic, and I'll gladly do the same thing.

So, if it's okay with you DarkeSword, I'll switch to Team Sonic, and...

... that should even it up! :smile:

I'm excited - 6 mixes in 6 weeks combining Mega Man and Sonic the Hedgehog themes! Excite Get!

Edited by Mr. L

Hyped here too, but nervous. 6 songs in 6 weeks is going to be exhausting. I've listened to all the first choice Sonic sources; some of them I'm excited to try remixing, others I have no idea what I might possibly do. Cosmic, I have no idea how you plan to make 6 different mixes working with Aquatic Base level 1, the thing has practically no melody.

Hm, Darkesword never clarified, like SuperiorX did: If someone picks a zone with two levels or acts, can we use either or both of them? Aquatic Base level 2 might be a little easier to work with.

Hyped here too, but nervous. 6 songs in 6 weeks is going to be exhausting. I've listened to all the first choice Sonic sources; some of them I'm excited to try remixing, others I have no idea what I might possibly do. Cosmic, I have no idea how you plan to make 6 different mixes working with Aquatic Base level 1, the thing has practically no melody.

Hm, Darkesword never clarified, like SuperiorX did: If someone picks a zone with two levels or acts, can we use either or both of them? Aquatic Base level 2 might be a little easier to work with.

I'm nervous as well, believe me. I haven't heard the other first choice Mega Man songs. I'll listen to them later...ish.

It has a melody xD, and I do have some ideas for it. The song works with the way I write.

Aquatic Base level 2.......I didn't think that it was allowed to use (considering that I chose zone 1). Now that you mention it, I am curious to see if I can use it. This might even open it up for me to use in conjunction with Aquatic Base 1.

It's a good thing that I've been listening to both levels, and all of my other choices, for years now :).

:shock: My expression, *after realizing that today is Saturday, meaning that compo. starts tomorrow*.......*thinks about it some more*.....:mrgreen:. It is On!

Edit: Just listened to them. My goodness xD, this competition will produce some very interesting music :).

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

Are there any rules on collaborations in this compo? I'm assuming it's not allowed, but I didn't see anything specifically either way in the first post. Since I wasn't able to dedicate the time to sign up for the full thing, I wouldn't mind doing a solo or something small with someone (either team) during one of the rounds. If that is allowed of course. Just curious.

Edited by SuperiorX

Speaking of which, and this goes for Cash and Change, too, you might want to try to finish your RMWtS entry today if possible.

I finished it last Wednesday, just waiting to see if there's anything additional that I can touch-up or add after I get some advice from pu_freak :). I'll still turn it in next Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on when I get some more feedback.