Mega Man & Sonic the Hedgehog - Blue Bomber Blue Blur Collision Competition

DarkeSword

Submitted my entry.

Not sure how I feel about it... It has some neat musical ideas but I didn't polish it as much as I could. Hope you people enjoy it anyway!

(It's slightly long, hope that doesn't bother anyone :-P)

Quick Source usage:

- Intro uses a chord progression from Aquatic Base. First melody also comes from Aquatic Base.

- E. Piano thing is Turbo Man's main melody.

- Then, the part with the snare is a chord progression from Aquatic Base.

- After the repeat of the first section comes Turbo Man's second melody.

- The slow part is based on Aquatic Base's intro,

- Ending is the bridge of Turbo Man.

Edited by jnWake

Entry submitted!

Time was rather elusive this week, so I'd like to apologize to everyone (especially my opponent) for not being able to give my 100% to this week's entry. :(

With that said, the basic theme I was going for here was - "what if Sonic the Hedgehog 3's levels had Good Future themes?" Quick Man made me think of the time warping in the Sonic the Hedgehog CD, and I noticed how Chrome Gadget Zone is dark and industrial, but has a very upbeat theme - so I wanted to turn that around into a good future of 'high-tech' by rewriting both themes in C Major (and, also, that might help explain the synth choices... once you hear them).

As for source usage, you'll hear Quick Man's beginning arpeggio: right from the start, in the bassline a bit later in the song, and small portion later in the song. That weird 'computer-like' synth you'll hear is playing an arpeggiated version of the arpeggio from Quick Man!

Two parts may not be quite as obvious, and that's around 1:16 and 2:31 - that's a couple of interpretations of the chords from the third part and final part of Chrome Gadget Zone. The first one builds a bit of a bridge between two parts of Chrome Gadget Zone's Melody C; the third one was just... for fun, and trying to end the song on a happy note!

Finally, in the breakdown, the two arpeggios are playing Quick Man's beginning arpeggio and the part between Quick Man's two melodies.

... and, this song does not begin with a pad...

Win or lose, it was honor competing against you, Jesse! :smile:

I'm most certainly looking forward to everyone's entries!

Edited by Mr. L

Mine has been submitted! I'm happy with my entry, I put more effort into integrating both sources together. I'm not 100% satisfied with the instrument selection, but hopefully it works well enough.

I'm excited to hear this week's entries! Good luck with your battles everyone!

How is everyone's Round 5 song going? Mine is coming along slowly, but it's coming along.

I was wondering if any contestant here was planning to spruce up their song and submit it to OCR. I want to fix up and sub at least one song from this compo.

Anyone else plan on doing the same? :)

I'm not terribly happy with mine--Chrome Gadget really doesn't do anything for me--but it's coming.

I definitely plan to take some of my pieces to the WIP forum and see how much I can polish them up. If I can improve the production of Amy and the Water Devil, I think it has a shot, and I'm pretty pleased with Don't Drink the Water, though there are definitely changes I'd like to make. The decision to submit them to OCR or not will come after I've gotten my first mod review.

It seems my Round 4 mix will be my last one for this competition. I'm going on vacation this Thursday, so unless I manage to make a song really fast (unlikely) I won't have anything for Round 5. Round 6 is impossible since I'll return on the 23th.

Anybody wants to take my spot for these last two rounds?

Quoting myself because nobody has said anything yet! My spot is still open for the following 2 rounds, someone grab it!