ZOLTAN Game-Inspired Death Metal Album Kickstarter (RocketHub)

Yeah, I don't think the amount raised will even cover printing and shipping of 500 CDs... that's pretty sad, but I don't know what else I can do to help get this funding.. I did ask Larry to tweet about it, he said he'd do it tomorrow. ;-) Apart from that, I dunno. We need to figure out how to get some really good coverage from a community that really loves metal, some kind of metal website.

edit: I asked someone else who runs a notable gaming site but he said they're wary about posting about kickstarters anymore because of snafus by irreputable folks... but he's still going to share it on some social media sites, maybe. That'll be good.

Edited by Brandon Strader

It is possible that I overestimated the worth of my network or at least the portion of it that likes metal. Hahaha. It will take some time but even if this is all we make, people still get paid, the album still gets released and the supporters still get their rewards. I may consider not having the lyrics printed in the book. That increases artwork costs and manufacturing costs. Not having the lyrics totally hurts, though!

edit: I asked someone else who runs a notable gaming site but he said they're wary about posting about kickstarters anymore because of snafus by irreputable folks... but he's still going to share it on some social media sites, maybe. That'll be good.

Well the guy who runs the notable gaming site made his post, no word on the ocr coverage. :-?

I'm personally a big fan of booklet-lyrics, but if it'll save you money then by all means leave them out.

I like booklets in general, even if they just have pictures of ducks or something.

• 3 months later...

I got my CD in yesterday and I can see why he needed $3,000 crowdfunding. The end product is NICE. I can't stand death metal and this CD fucking OWNS. :D

One question, I did a modal, intentionally off-key synth solo on Track 7, but I think my imagination is playing tricks on me because it sounds to me like it's not aligned correctly or playing on time with the rest of the track. If true, that was my fault, but is anyone else hearing that?

I got my CD in yesterday and I can see why he needed $3,000 crowdfunding. The end product is NICE. I can't stand death metal and this CD fucking OWNS. :D

One question, I did a modal, intentionally off-key synth solo on Track 7, but I think my imagination is playing tricks on me because it sounds to me like it's not aligned correctly or playing on time with the rest of the track. If true, that was my fault, but is anyone else hearing that?

It sounds good to me. Loved it when I heard it the first time :D.

Hell, yeah! I'm quite happy at the reception for this album so far. Everybody seems to be happy with it. I know I am. Kuolema, just out of curiosity, what lyrics did you not care for? I am satisfied with my lyrics overall but maybe you will give me an idea of how to make them better.

I tend not to like humourous lyrics in general, so I found manly competition, discriminated dreamwalker and oh, my dog in particular kind of strange to listen to. Nothing inherently wrong with them, just not my cup of tea so to speak. As I said though, they're definitely starting to grow on me :).