"Romance of the Two Worlds" - Ni no Kuni World Map

Neifion

I like it. The arrangement is perfect. I have those same samples, and when stuff is this slow and simple, it really puts tone quality in the spotlight so that is why it's so obvious. It's not convincingly real, but it sounds good. The # of people that can make stuff convincingly real with samples, to me is 1, which is that blake robinson guy lol. Keep working on that part, as much as you can, (as will I), but the actual music is good.

It's beautiful! I love it! :D
I like it. The arrangement is perfect. I have those same samples, and when stuff is this slow and simple, it really puts tone quality in the spotlight so that is why it's so obvious. It's not convincingly real, but it sounds good. The # of people that can make stuff convincingly real with samples, to me is 1, which is that blake robinson guy lol. Keep working on that part, as much as you can, (as will I), but the actual music is good.

Thank you! :D It certainly helped that the source material was so beautiful; when I first heard the melody I instantly felt I had to do a remix.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it cuts off a little too soon at the end.

Beautiful.

Your lead instruments might be a tad too loud, and I think you could clean up your low end a bit. I don't think you need that much reverb, but I can't tell if it's gonna be a problem either. It's definitely a track that benefits from lots of reverb, it's just a question of how much. Other than that, there's not much else to do.

Not familiar with the source, but there's at least a few parts that are easy to recognize. I think you're in the green, source-wise, but it's hard to say without spending more time learning the source.

Moves well, sounds great, could use some small level edits and low end eq, but overall it sounds just about done. Nice work. :D

I am very sorry for my late Mod review - you requested it and I didn't deliver in a timely manner.

MOD REVIEW:

This is a very beautiful rendition of the source - I especially love the violin in this. It kind of reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender, which had a great soundtrack. I don't know what else to say that Rozo hasn't covered, though I don't think the issues he mentioned are nearly enough to nail you on the panel. Still might be worth taking a look into, though, to be safe.

Yeah, I think if you sub'd this you'd be in great shape. Nice work on it!

It kind of reminds me of Avatar: The Last Airbender, which had a great soundtrack. I don't know what else to say that Rozo hasn't covered, though I don't think the issues he mentioned are nearly enough to nail you on the panel. Still might be worth taking a look into, though, to be safe.

Yeah, I think if you sub'd this you'd be in great shape. Nice work on it!

I really like the work the Track Team did on Avatar, so that's a big deal for me. :D Now to polish it up and send it in!