For The Soul - (Soul Cal. 2 "Confrontation" jazzy-remix)

I guess I'll start by saying I've never posted here. So hello all. =]

I did a jazzy-ish remix/cover of the Soul Calibur 2/3/5 song "Confrontation".

Wanted to put it up for review. It's a bit significant for me because 90 percent of my style is electronic in sound, and like 95 percent of my tunes are original compositions. A non-electronic, non-original song is way out of my comfort zone, haha.

But I was hoping that if this was decent enough, it could maybe be considered for submission to ocr.

Here is the song on youtube:

or soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/goophball/goophball-soul-calibur-2?in=goophball/sets/remixes

Here is the original for comparison:

ANY kind of feedback would be appreciated. I know there's lots of knowledgeable people here. Anything from instrument choice/sound to mixing critique.

Hey there! I'm new here myself, so welcome. :) I liked this, particularly the bass and percussion throughout. Solo trumpet sounded a bit artificial during the chorus at 0:30 and 2:01; you used some nice articulations there but I feel like some of the transitions between notes could be smoother. Overall real good though and I like the upbeat energy.

Edited by Neifion

I agree, the trumpet at 0:30 sounds extremely fake with all the grace notes.

The bass is a little soft to me. I think I hear a really soft acoustic bass, but I can't hear the attack.

The piano at 0:56 and 1:11 sounds really mechanical to me.

The brass at 1:25 sounds synthesized. I could hear a little PWM.

1:38 and on is a loop... :/