The worst games/movies you own

Jax Mandrake

I was an admin for the KidsWB AOL chatroom back in 1997. It was volunteer, so I wasn't expecting anything. As thank you at Christmastime, the head admin for the chat sent us some Wal-Mart bargain-bin "christmas classics" CD, along with a VHS for the movie Batman and Robin. Y'know, this steaming heap of crap. As far as I know both are still at my parents' house somewhere.

You should receive an official apology... and a

Maybe star fox adventures. I couldn't really get into the game but I didn't like the fact that it wasn't really a star fox game and Krystal was annoying.

I don't own. Many games I consider plain out bad... maybe ff13 but I don't feel like I've played enough ff games to be able to judge it on that level. The voice acting is stupid though.

Speaking of parents, they bought me the shittiest shovelware when I was a kid, because I wasn't allowed to make my own video game purchases. We got games at Christmastime and any suggestions went out the window because my dad would just go buy whatever cheap crap he could find. That's why I have Bart Vs. The Space Mutants, Taz: Escape from Mars and Beavis and Butthead. At least Ecco 2 and Aladdin were pretty cool games, but since they bought me a Genesis instead of a SNES thinking it was a superior system, the cool games available in my area were pretty limited back in 1993. You never saw cool shit like Gunstar Heroes, Sword of Vermillion or the Phantasy Star games. Buffalo was kind of a black hole for cool things in the '90s.

At the risk of being rude, this post makes you sound pretty ungrateful. My dad did the same thing with games like Pit Fighter and Doomtroopers, but you know what? I at least played them with a good open mind and got some enjoyment out of them. 90s parents weren't really paragons of knowing videogame quality and those of us who weren't spoiled were lucky to get what we got.

Some of my favorite games today are yesterday's shovelware. Nowadays the only games people even begin to respect are the nerdcoriest AAA-games and I find that fact very depressing and counterproductive to gaming culture.

Didn't mean to jump on you there, I just can't stand people's snobbish comments lamenting they never got the "classics" growing up. They weren't classics at the time.

Nah, no offense taken. I understand it does sound horribly entitled, and perhaps it is a bit. I intended it to be more "my dad ignored my suggestions for games" and "my town was a bad place to buy cool games at the time". I still played the hell out of Ecco 2, Aladdin, Primal Rage and Lion King because they were all halfway decent. I even tried to stick with Bart Vs The Space Mutants just so I'd have something to play on my Game Gear, but the game was nearly unbeatable due to the insane platforming skills required with a clunky control system. Once we got a Playstation (and had the internet to research what was good and what was crap), my mom did the shopping for games. She actually wrote down what we wanted and knew that money wouldn't be wasted on a game we'd actually play, unlike my dad who is just clueless about quality in everything (this Christmas he gave everybody cheap $5 gas station t-shirts from a reservation he works near...guy is totally clueless).

Once I got my first college job, I used my first paycheck to get one of those compact SNESes that came out 1998, and a friend gave me his copies of FF6 and Secret of Mana. I didn't really miss out on SNES, I just got into it about five years later than most people.

I just can't stand people's snobbish comments lamenting they never got the "classics" growing up. They weren't classics at the time.

What I'm wondering now is how the frik did the GameCube start being considered classic gaming?

I'm not saying I hate the GameCube. I freaking love it. But like WTF. It's not that old... is it...

Seriously. There's no story.

well there IS a story but its so convoluted that it seems like there is no story, the sandman being uncle bens killer always pissed me off, gwen being introduced was pointless because the first movie had done gwen's story with mj, and the alien symbiote saga was sooo watered down in this film its unreal (god damn emo peter) and venom got less then 10 min screen time.

and the breaking up with mj part of the story was so forgetable because it was so god damn cliched..... i could rant for days about this film.

the entire films saving grace scene.

forgive my rants im a big comic geek and spiderman 3 disappointed me so much.

well there IS a story but its so convoluted that it seems like there is no story, the sandman being uncle bens killer always pissed me off, gwen being introduced was pointless because the first movie had done gwen's story with mj, and the alien symbiote saga was sooo watered down in this film its unreal (god damn emo peter) and venom got less then 10 min screen time.

and the breaking up with mj part of the story was so forgetable because it was so god damn cliched..... i could rant for days about this film.

the entire films saving grace scene.

forgive my rants im a big comic geek and spiderman 3 disappointed me so much.

Yes. Agreed.

Legend is frigging awesome. Time Bandits is pretty cool too. Definitely not triple A movies but that doesn't make them bad. Now, I'll tell you what's bad.

Catwoman. My older brother gave me the DVD. I watched it with my wife and we chuckled for the first half hour. Then it got stale really quick and we barely finished it. I don't know if I still have it as I have tried to get people to take it as they came over to my house.