Your favorite drum sample pack?

BFD2 is the best one I've used for my tastes. The samples are the most raw sounding I could find, and the recording techniques used give them a much more organic sound than other more pristine libraries (like Superior Drummer). Only reason I got into BFD was because there was a big sale for a lite version of it a year or two back ($30), and I couldn't pass that up. I ended up liking the sounds so much that I bought the full version of the flagship BFD2.

Beware though, you really REALLY need to know how to mix a live recorded kit before getting into this. Superior Drummer and Addictive Drums are much more forgiving (but in my opinion offer much less depth and character).

I use free samples from http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/backline/529782-sharing-my-collection-drum-samples-here.html which is a collection of samples recorded by a whole bunch of different people, mostly for metal/rock. You have to go through and find what you like (some of the samples aren't so good), but there's plenty to choose from and they sound really good layered.

One thing I've been looking for is free cymbal choke samples. It's a shot in the dark, but does anyone know of any?

Chiptune samples? The LoFi Box which can be downloaded for free with through a licensed copy of FL Studio.

Other samples? Hmmm... perhaps this free sample pack I torrented (actually free, not pirated... I assume) called "Drum Sample Compilation". It just has a shit ton of samples from pretty much every major drum machine in addition to lots of nice-sounding, loose drum samples from all over the spectrum of percussive sounds, on top of dozens (hundreds?) of loops. Other than that, perhaps Smoker's Delight?

For EDM, though, anything Vengeance can't be beaten, but I don't do EDM stuff very often.

I typically use Lucid Samples Top Club Drums Vol. 1 for at LEAST 1 layer of my Kick and my Snare in almost every song. They have a great punch that works well to provide the backbone to the instrument.

For other stuff my latest one has been the Blade Runner Dread DnB Drums pack. Not as powerful as Lucid stuff, but they have more textured kicks and snares, which fill out the other layers nicely

i just use some random layered drums i got from syllix in RMwtS, as well as free loops and samples from musicradar.com. maybe eventually ill upgrade to fancier libraries if i ever find the need. i had some free "cinematic drums" samples from impact soundworks someplace but i think i accidentally cleared my downloads folder before i got a chance to organize them :(

BFD2 is the best one I've used for my tastes. The samples are the most raw sounding I could find, and the recording techniques used give them a much more organic sound than other more pristine libraries (like Superior Drummer). Only reason I got into BFD was because there was a big sale for a lite version of it a year or two back ($30), and I couldn't pass that up. I ended up liking the sounds so much that I bought the full version of the flagship BFD2.

Beware though, you really REALLY need to know how to mix a live recorded kit before getting into this. Superior Drummer and Addictive Drums are much more forgiving (but in my opinion offer much less depth and character).

BFD Core is my favourite as a Reason user... so super clean and dynamic, I LOVE it!