This woman has TONS of gear!

Malcos

It's a bad environment for creating music.

I disagree.

Just fyi

The less restricted you are in the creative process [e.g writing songs], the harder it is to come up with any good ideas.

I find this somewhat contradictory.

On one hand, I tend to think better in a closed, messy space full of technology. On the other hand, I have different fingers. There is too much technology to choose from to accurately grasp your muse.

All that and still only a single 19 inch CRT? Time for multiple Apple Cinema displays!

Apple Cinema displays? Bah. The Dell LCDs have 11ms response, great customization for height, 2 extra USB ports, a built-in 5 in 1 media card reader, and 3 year warranty (instead of 30 days).

That's one crazy collection, though. People look at me the same way when they find out I collect old video game and computer hardware.

Again, where is her music though?

She seems really full of herself with her face all over the site. She's not that hot either.

How'd that be different from say, MySpace? :P Would you prefer museum-pictures only; just the goods, nobody else?

This guy did exactly that, and then he got accused of not really having the studio - it was probably a render because all the vintage gear was in such an excellent state.

rsstudio912pr.jpg

There's only so much you can do with a room filled with just synths. The room that (terribly ugly) woman has would actually impress me if she had a few guitars in there.

All you really need are about 7 keyboard instruments:

1. Analog synth

2. FM synth

3. Hammond B3 (counts as two)

4. Digital Piano

5. Sample based synth

6. Controller for any external modules you may have.

A nice rig where everything is set up around you is the best way to make love to these.

Add a bass guitar and a drumset, BOOM intsa-band.

That much hardware is simply there for showing off.

Still, it looks fucking awesome though!

AHHHHH! It's coming right for us!

evilVoyager_med.JPG

Actually, I would limit it at:

• 1-4 analog synths - the analog filters inside them are generally unique and some routings are very unique.
  • 1-2 modular analog synths - you'd only have 2 if they were from different companies - different components and modules being the biggest draw.
  • 1-2 virtual analogue digital synths - you don't need many here. Heck you might skip this.
  • 1 digital fm synthesiser - Yamaha DX series has yet to be beat or something. Or you could get the Fwonk Computer.
  • 1-3 other digital synths, like the Juno series or similar synthesisers.
  • 1-2 MIDI keyboards - one connected to hardware samplers and the other connected to a composition computer (main computer)

After that it becomes crowded and you just become a collector.