Iron Man 3

firedude750

I saw this over the weekend and thought it was awesome. A pretty good follow up to both The Avengers and Iron Man 2. I did have one problem with it though.

(spoilers): The Mandarin. They made the Mandarin in the trailers and the first half of the movie to be this awesome badass that's gonna be a huge threat to Tony, then it is reveled that he's just a drunk British dude while Guy Pearce's character is the "real Mandarin". I didn't like the twist very much, but it didn't stop me from liking the movie, and it shows how good of an actor Ben Kingsley is. (end spoilers).

Overall, very good movie. Interesting plot, introdcues the Extremis which Marvel head Kevin Feige says will return, and opens Phase Two of the Marvel Cinematic Universe nicely.

What did you guys think?

I rather enjoyed it. Especially the post-credits scene.

SPOILERS Really brought back the relationship between Bruce and Tony, which is nice. And, of course, good to see they didn't recast him AGAIN.

Also, in terms of the ending where he gets rid of the arc reactor in his chest... well, the suits don't need to be powered by THAT. The autonomous ones weren't, nor was the one controlled via remote. So I look forward to seeing what comes of this new arc here (no pun intended).

I loved it. Excellent follow up to both Iron Man and Avengers, like the OP said. I actually appreciated the changes from the Extremis arc in the comic. I found myself repeatedly thinking I knew how things were going to go, and then being surprised.

I have to say though, with as much as I loved the movie, I'm kinda glad it was the last Iron Man. It felt like the series was winding down, and I think any more sequels would wear out it's welcome. Time to let some new heroes have the spotlight. The Marvel universe is a big place.

Am I the only person that hated it?

I thought it was full of plot holes, there were so many points where the characters just seemed to make rediculous decisions just so it would add to the action. I really didn't like the Mandarin plot and felt cheated by it, and that Guy Pearce's character was far too generic and had been done before in the first two films.

And I know most people loved the comedy side of things, but I felt it was all just too much and became very cringeworthy very early on (don't get me started on the kid).

Haven't left the cinema so dissapointed for a long time

Am I the only person that hated it?

I thought it was full of plot holes, there were so many points where the characters just seemed to make rediculous decisions just so it would add to the action. I really didn't like the Mandarin plot and felt cheated by it, and that Guy Pearce's character was far too generic and had been done before in the first two films.

And I know most people loved the comedy side of things, but I felt it was all just too much and became very cringeworthy very early on (don't get me started on the kid).

Haven't left the cinema so dissapointed for a long time

Yup, me too.

To be fair I enjoyed most of it while I was watching, but by the time it was over I was really disappointed by how much of a mess it all was. They gave pretty much no indication of any of the character's motivations, and, partly as a result, the plot just didn't make any sense.

I mean seriously. What the fuck were any of the villains trying to accomplish?

ya know

even if the movie stories are different from the comics, sometimes completely...

i still enjoy them

because they're separate continuities, as i see it

yeah, same characters, same locations, but... that doesn't mean it has to all be exactly the same

the same thing happens with the pokemon games and anime (and manga). same world, different events. because it all doesn't have to be exactly the same.

that's just how i see it, at least

ya know

even if the movie stories are different from the comics, sometimes completely...

i still enjoy them

because they're separate continuities, as i see it

yeah, same characters, same locations, but... that doesn't mean it has to all be exactly the same

the same thing happens with the pokemon games and anime (and manga). same world, different events. because it all doesn't have to be exactly the same.

that's just how i see it, at least

QFT

I loved the comics, but it would have been boring if they had followed them closely. I would have known exactly what to expect!