Marble Garden Remaster by Syllix

Hey guys,

It's been a long time since I've worked on any remixes, I think since last year when I participated in the Sonic Zone Remix Comp... so I decided it's time to get back into video game music and figured an easy remaster is where I should start. I know it's not a remix but I had to start easy to get me back in the... groove?

Anyway, the main point of this was to work on my ear training (as this is not a midi rip, but rather I listened to the original and picked out each part by ear), and also to work on my production skills.

One of my next goals is to work on a remix and submit it to the judges, and I think I'm about ready to do that. Any comments or feedback production-wise is most welcome, and I really appreciate the time you take to listen.

Cheers,

Syllix

Well its a sonic remix. I'm not going to skip commenting on this one hehe!!

Its like a HD render/version of sonic 3(&knuckles) marble zone, I dig it XD

--------

I feel that there is a room verb on the master or sent to almost every track in the mix and its quite low quality (or) and boxy imo.

I feel that some sounds could be sharper and bassier; but that's honestly just me :o

other than that

I likes it!

Hey dude, this sounds very accurate to the original. I would say this was a successful ear training exercise. I wish I was this good at doing things by ear, I really need to do more ear training.

Anyway, production wise, the soundscape is basically just an enhanced version of the original. There is nothing fatally wrong here, the mixing overall is a bit loud though. The instrument choices are generic and low quality. I'd say choose a better sonic palette.