Kontakt 5 and Shreddage II

This is really weird. I just got Shreddage II, and I tried opening it in Kontakt 5. It worked fine in Standalone Mode (took about 5 minutes to load, though), but then when I tried opening it in the Kontakt 5 VST in FL Studio 10, it basically freezes FL. I've tried waiting for about 30 minutes for it to load in FL, and there was no unfreezing.

Every other library I have that was made for Kontakt 4.2.3 and above work fine, and load at a normal speed. Does anybody know what's going on? Could it have to do with the nkr/nkc/nkx method of compression as compared to ncw?

I don't know how accurate you want me to be, but I have Kontakt 5.1.0, and the first released version of Shreddage 2 was made on Kontakt 5.0.2 (zircon did release a beta update on May 2, made with Kontakt 5.1.0.6366, which also managed to load, very slowly, on the Standalone Kontakt 5).

EDIT: After waiting about 8-10 minutes, the S2 beta update finally began to load, and still took a while (~20 minutes), on FL in the Kontakt 5 VST. I guess that helped a tiny bit. At least it unfroze. Although, even then, after the patch itself finished loading, the samples are still loading too. :|

Edited by timaeus222

I could try that. Did you ever get a weird glitch where the installer asked you to put the 32-bit VST plugin in C:\Program Files\FL Studio 1? It literally says 1, and every time I change it, it doesn't change properly, and I have to just move the .dll files to the VstPlugins folder manually.

Edited by timaeus222

I could try that. Did you ever get a weird glitch where the installer asked you to put the 32-bit VST plugin in C:\Program Files\FL Studio 1? It literally says 1, and every time I change it, it doesn't change properly, and I have to just move the .dll files to the VstPlugins folder manually.

I don't remember that happening (but I don't use FL though). I only recall installing the library and that's it.

Oh, okay. Well, Shreddage 2 is still loading really slowly, both the original patch and the beta update, after reinstalling Kontakt 5. I'm gonna try the "Save Multi as..." option to generate .ncw files, as it seems to be creating them well enough.

EDIT: Well, it didn't fix the large delay in the initialization of the patch loading, but it loads almost instantly now, once it gets past the freezing. Now it takes about 5 minutes total instead of 30. :)

Edited by timaeus222