Buying a keyboard...

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MK461C-main.html

This is what I'm looking at to use with FL Studio. I found it for 150 bucks instead of the 320 as advertised on the site. Look pretty decent?

Oh yeah-I don't have Producer edition yet; do I need it to use a keyboard with FL? (Maybe I should ask this on Looptalk)

There are 2 prices in music-gear land : street price (what you pay in most stores) and MSRP, which is what they'd love you to pay ;). 150 is nice for what you get, albeit that I personally (personally!) don't really enjoy the way the keys feel. The last time I had a chance to demo this was 3-4 years ago, so...

AFAIK all FL Studio versions should work nice with any MIDI keyboard. The site's comparison chart confirms this, so you're good to go.

Do you know how to play the keyboard, or at least have the will to learn?

If not, I'd go with something smaller, like a 2 octave midi controller. Something like this.

Yeah I know how to play. I'm getting sick of having to put notes in manually with the mouse (especially with piano pieces) and then having to edit the velocities and timing to get that live performance feel. How does it work? Do you have to "record" yourself playing and then the notes get added to the piano roll as you play them? I'm worried that my crap latency is going to cause some problems.

Do you know how to play the keyboard, or at least have the will to learn?

If not, I'd go with something smaller, like a 2 octave midi controller. Something like this.

Yeah I know how to play. I'm getting sick of having to put notes in manually with the mouse (especially with piano pieces) and then having to edit the velocities and timing to get that live performance feel. How does it work? Do you have to "record" yourself playing and then the notes get added to the piano roll as you play them? I'm worried that my crap latency is going to cause some problems.

If you get an ASIO compatible sound card, latency wouldn't be much of an issue.

Or, if you get an actual sound producing keyboard and not just a midi controller, you can hear your timing externally, then just shift what you played over the needed amount in your sequencer. I hope that made sense.