Xbox One

Xbox One Pre-Order Product Information

NOTE: You are reserving a new Xbox One entertainment system and/or related accessories or games, expected to be released in November 2013. Features and requirements may change. Return here to xbox.com/reserve for the latest Xbox One information leading to the release. Requires account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country (not all Xbox Live countries).

Xbox One Requirements:

Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

Additional subscriptions, internet speed and/or requirements apply for some features.

Kinect Sensor for Xbox One (included) and periodic system software updates required for continued use; significant updates may be required during set-up and over time (ISP fees apply).

Some games not transferable and have no resale value; restrictions on games usage apply.

Games, Kinect and accessories made for Xbox 360 or original Xbox will not work with Xbox One.

Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.

You must accept Xbox Terms of Use (including Xbox software terms and game license terms), Microsoft Services Agreement, and Xbox One 1-year limited warranty. Some games have additional license terms.

Terms include binding arbitration with class action waiver to resolve disputes.

Additional requirements will apply.

Recommended Minimum Play Space:

Single player about 4 ft. 7 in. (1.4 m) from sensor. Two players about 6 ft. (1.8m) from sensor. Play space will vary by game, application, sensor placement, and other factors.

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

Canada

Denmark

Finland

France

Germany

Ireland

Italy

Mexico

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Russia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

United Kingdom

United States

Xbox One games are for activation and distribution only in specified geographic regions. See game package and/or retailer product information, for each game’s specific geographic regions.

Xbox One Day One Edition entertainment system & Xbox One Day One Edition games:

Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last.

Day One Xbox Live Gold 12 month membership:

Available in limited quantities at select retailers while supplies last. Includes Shadow Jago character for Killer Instinct, for use only with Xbox One; both expected to be released in November 2013. Additional Killer Instinct characters sold separately; requires 4 GB storage, for download only on Xbox One. Shadow Jago available exclusively with Day One Xbox Live Gold until February 1, 2014; may be available elsewhere later.

There is a certain country they seem to have left off of that list. Also armed forces serving in the Middle East are boned too.

Xbox One-Supported Xbox Live Countries

Australia

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

Canada

Denmark

Finland

France

Germany

Ireland

Italy

Mexico

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Russia

Spain

Sweden

Switzerland

United Kingdom

United States

There is a certain country they seem to have left off of that list. Also armed forces serving in the Middle East are boned too.

Japan gets left in the cold. No China either. Not that Microsoft's systems were big sellers in either country.

Not many consoles get released in China at launch... or ever. But wow I didn't even notice Japan was missing off that list!

That is a pretty huge thing, is MS just not releasing in Japan? Bizarre

EDIT: Found some articles that state they don't plan on launching in any Asia territories, including Japan, until "late 2014"

Edited by Crowbar Man

Not many consoles get released in China at launch... or ever. But wow I didn't even notice Japan was missing off that list!

That is a pretty huge thing, is MS just not releasing in Japan? Bizarre

EDIT: Found some articles that state they don't plan on launching in any Asia territories, including Japan, until "late 2014"

There are roughly 100000 Military men, women, and dependants that live in Japan. They cannot play Xbox One. This is similar to region lockouts for DLC that happened to me when I lived in Japan. I was on the phone with MS for nearly 8 hours trying to get an explanation as to why there was no support for APO addresses, as well as not allowing me to download XBLA games.

"We have a product for people who can't get online, it's called Xbox 360" - Don Mattrick

can someone hurry up and fire this guy, on top of being a huge assclown he is rubbing everyone's faces in the dirt. i wouldn't buy an xbox if my only reason was 'don mattrick is an asshole.'

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/12/don-mattrick-xbox-360-offline/?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget

So this happened. Microsoft is sending a message. "You may fight for our freedom military, but you aren't good enough to relax with our product if you are downrange in a desert or sub."

Why would they want big brother in their house anyway?

Microsoft is Pro Spying Pro dumbed down citizens (common core) and Anti Citizen if some of the MS disasters are any barometer to go by.

PS4 is the winner of this round before the war even BEGINS.

SO, after the overwhelming positive response to sony at e3(seriously, I've never seen anything like it before), plus the majority of the press praising and supporting them while openly mocking microsoft, plus now EA coming out and publicly stating they didn't lobby MS on the used games/online requirement crap thus placing the blame on this stupid plan on them, who else thinks microsoft will change their policies before launch?

Without the online requirement DRM for offline games and enabling used games, I feel a lot of gamers who decided to switch sides could come back. But the price point and the requirement of kinect which the overwhelming majority of gamers aren't interested in will still affect them a lot, specially the price point. I think Sony is in a great position to win this generation by far even if MS backs down on its bullshit.

If they still go with this and don't change their policy before launch, well, I see them doing much, muuuch worse than the ps3 did at first in this generation. Remember Sony was just as cocky and delusional as microsoft is now, but they didn't have such a shitstorm around them at the time.

SO, after the overwhelming positive response to sony at e3(seriously, I've never seen anything like it before), plus the majority of the press praising and supporting them while openly mocking microsoft, plus now EA coming out and publicly stating they didn't lobby MS on the used games/online requirement crap thus placing the blame on this stupid plan on them, who else thinks microsoft will change their policies before launch?

Without the online requirement DRM for offline games and enabling used games, I feel a lot of gamers who decided to switch sides could come back. But the price point and the requirement of kinect which the overwhelming majority of gamers aren't interested in will still affect them a lot, specially the price point. I think Sony is in a great position to win this generation by far even if MS backs down on its bullshit.

If they still go with this and don't change their policy before launch, well, I see them doing much, muuuch worse than the ps3 did at first in this generation. Remember Sony was just as cocky and delusional as microsoft is now, but they didn't have such a shitstorm around them at the time.

i don't see why people would be 'turned back' regardless

100 dollars more expensive, more expensive online, less powerful, less first party development, more focused on trying to control your experience, kinect being really dumb and microsoft pushing it further up people's asses anyways

i see 'OMG HALO' and that's about it

If all the major PC DRM/Authentication fuckups are anything to go by (Ubisoft, Sim City, Diablo 3) it's their own servers you should be more worried about than your own connection. If there's a problem on their end it won't even matter if you have internet or not. And I have no doubt their servers are going to be compromised out of sheer spite, as there are already precedents for that happening.

If all the major PC DRM/Authentication fuckups are anything to go by (Ubisoft, Sim City, Diablo 3) it's their own servers you should be more worried about than your own connection. If there's a problem on their end it won't even matter if you have internet or not. And I have no doubt their servers are going to be compromised out of sheer spite, as there are already precedents for that happening.

I think it's safe to say microsoft is currently delusional enough not to see that Anonymous and similar groups are going to go after their servers as soon as they are up just to show people how fucked up is paying 500 dollars for a plastic brick. This kind of crap is what they live for.

Basically, I wanted the Xbone to be what the PS4 has been announced as being... Lower price, better features, no ridiculous spying. It's a huge disappointment that they think any (older person) will actually be interested in this. But they might have the young Call of Duty audience on board.

Which is funny because it's not like the PS4 isn't also getting Call of Duty.

Which is funny because it's not like the PS4 isn't also getting Call of Duty.

I think the Xbox CoD scene is more notorious mostly because a microphone is included, whereas on the PS3 one was not. So maybe there were kids calling you racial slurs on PSN but you never knew because you couldn't hear it. :-D

I'm gonna get Call of Duty: Ghosts on PC, so eh. The point I was making was that I don't see the Xbox One as something that appeals to us seasoned gamers.

I really really want to shitkick all the morons that are pre-ordering this thing; they are choking any chance we had of making Microsoft pull their collective head out of their ass. I know a lot can change before the release and even after, but still...don't give them any momentum!

I'm honestly sorta wanting to forget Xbox One even happened by this point.

what you talking bout willis halo ce was a awesome game, that and it had the gta series and alot of other decent games that were also on the ps2.

...what? what do you mean thats not the xbox your talking bout?

there was only one xbox one, then there was a 360....

....you mean this brick?

1003656_10200304111980551_1915792196_n.jpg

what you talking bout willis halo ce was a awesome game, that and it had the gta series and alot of other decent games that were also on the ps2.

...what? what do you mean thats not the xbox your talking bout?

there was only one xbox one, then there was a 360....

....you mean this brick?

1003656_10200304111980551_1915792196_n.jpg

That geniusness right there pretty much sums it up.