Xbox One

It makes me sad how many parents are going to spend a buttload on this for their kid, and their kid will be disappointed and cry, and they'll probably also cry because this is a SHITLOAD of money and a huge commitment to pay for a kid's toy just for them to cry and be upset. Damn, I'm almost crying just thinking about it.

It makes me sad how many parents are going to spend a buttload on this for their kid, and their kid will be disappointed and cry, and they'll probably also cry because this is a SHITLOAD of money and a huge commitment to pay for a kid's toy just for them to cry and be upset. Damn, I'm almost crying just thinking about it.

Seriously.

Only grandmothers and stupid mothers who don't ever do research on anything will buy this system. And only stupid children will want it.

I will begin finding out how many people are really stupid in the world when I see the sale count when it releases.

Say that in the "which system should I buy" thread.

I want to see what happens.

I watched the first ten seconds and had to go punch myself in the face because they haven't invented a way to punch people through the internet yet.

Holy crap that guy is annoying.

This is very true. He is rather annoying. Though everything he stated was unfortunately true.

xboxone.jpg?w=300&h=200&crop=1

Edited by Garrett Williamson

0sXsbO7.jpg

Prediction for new Zelda title:

Starring role: Link, male elf person. May be child, or man, or both.

Damsel: Princess Zelda. May also not be that much of a damsel, but mostly.

Antagonist: Ganon/Ganondorf. Just a dick, also a pig.

Cue water temple, Fire temple, and forest temple. (twice) Possible Kokoriko village with same music since SNES.

Collect tri-force, get master sword.

Budget: Moderate to high without being excessive.

ROI: Massive.

Prediction for CoD 2030: Get guns. Shoot people.

Prediction for Halo 5: Kill aliens. Who the fuck is Master Chief anyway?

At least we get the Last of Us and stuff.

ALSO:

What are the specs of the PCs that were running the XBOX One demos and how do we know them?

I keep looking for an answer to this and kind find anything. Everyone just says they're "Way more powerful than the XBOX One" while giving vague specs and no source!

Edited by Ramaniscence

Can somebody tell me why master chief was wearing a ragged full-body robe to take a walk in the desert?

Isn't he using an armor? wouldn't that protect him from the harshness of the desert? or is the armor his actual skin and we find out in this game that master chief has always been running around naked?

I dunno, I thought the trailer for halo 5 was incredibly dumb. The alien thingy looked cool though.

Can somebody tell me why master chief was wearing a ragged full-body robe to take a walk in the desert?

Isn't he using an armor? wouldn't that protect him from the harshness of the desert? or is the armor his actual skin and we find out in this game that master chief has always been running around naked?

I dunno, I thought the trailer for halo 5 was incredibly dumb. The alien thingy looked cool though.

The answer to this is surprisingly simple and realistic. In the desert, there's an abundance of sand... which is blown around very easily by the wind. The Mjolnir armor has moving parts and joints, that sort of thing. Sand constantly blowing into the armor will require it to be cleaned and maintained more, and if he has no access to the tools required to maintain it, it results in degradation of armor performance.

Covering it with that robe protects the surface and potentially vulnerable spots of the armor from sand blowing around. Notably, Zero does the same thing during the opening of Mega Man Zero 2.

That and it was to conceal him for a big reveal, but at least it makes sense.

The armor is his skin, because he's Master Chief and he is cool and can't die (except when he does).

The answer to this is surprisingly simple and realistic. In the desert, there's an abundance of sand... which is blown around very easily by the wind. The Mjolnir armor has moving parts and joints, that sort of thing. Sand constantly blowing into the armor will require it to be cleaned and maintained more, and if he has no access to the tools required to maintain it, it results in degradation of armor performance.

Covering it with that robe protects the surface and potentially vulnerable spots of the armor from sand blowing around. Notably, Zero does the same thing during the opening of Mega Man Zero 2.

That and it was to conceal him for a big reveal, but at least it makes sense.

Now that you mention it, Zero indeed does the same thing in MMZ2. Touche.

What are the specs of the PCs that were running the XBOX One demos and how do we know them?

I keep looking for an answer to this and kind find anything. Everyone just says they're "Way more powerful than the XBOX One" while giving vague specs and no source!

Why is so deceptive? For one, it’s running on a GPU from a completely different manufacturer than the final hardware (Nvidia vs AMD). And two, Nvidia’s Titan graphics card is vastly more powerful than the GPU in the Xbox One. Microsoft is using a GPU that is roughly equal to a AMD 7790.

Here are the specs for a 7790:

AMD-7790-e1371481079443.png

And here’s the Titan:

Screen-Shot-2013-06-17-at-7.54.07-AM.png

The only card Nvidia makes that’s higher than the Titan is the 780, but as those aren’t widely available yet Microsoft couldn’t use them.

Here's your source.

ALSO:

http://hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/56841-microsofts-e3-xbox-one-demos-ran-nvidia-powered-pcs/