Xbox One

That doesn't answer the question as to how we know the specs. That's a picture of a guy servicing a PC. No one has proven anything. All we have is a guy who tweeted a picture, and a Tumblr post. We don't know what that PC is, we don't know the specs of the PC. What the hell confirms any of this? Is there an HP desktop that looks with that with those specs?

Edit: So the source is a tumblr post, that says it's a rumor, and a blurry photo. Gotcha. Sounds legit.

Edited by Ramaniscence

Xbox Original and 360 were great from an architecture standpoint.

The 360's only issue was an unfortunate overheating issue due to a fault in the manufacturing process, but its architecture design was solid and to this day 360 games tend to beat PS3 games in multi platform releases.

I am not aware of any hardware issues that the original Xbox had, and I'm not sure how it was rushed either.

Not that I care at all about the Xbox One at this point, but I'm pretty sure most of the demos shown at E3 (probably even some PS4 games) were probably shown on devkit hardware, which are basically PCs. In theory, even if the PCs were higher spec then the real Xbox One (or PS4), if they were running Windows and standard PC parts, a console generally can do more with the same spec than a generic PC can due to it being a specific hardware target rather then being programmed to work on multiple types of PCs. Also generally less overhead with the OS.

Still if either party was using high powered PCs to show off games, that can be pretty deceptive if the final product doesn't wind up looking near the same quality. Then again, Sony showed off obviously fake FMV "real time demos" of the PS3 back when that was unveiled so :/

Edited by Crowbar Man

Absolutely. I do not believe hardware is an issue with the Xbox One (unless they screw up the manufacturing process and create an overheating problem again. I think they learned their lesson though). All of its specs are soaring above the 360, which was the de facto platform of last generation. Though sadly if what rumors are said to be true, its power is still short of the PS4 which is yet another bad mark against it. They are both so similar and strong (compared to last gen) though it really doesn't matter

But with the DRM policy in place, it wouldn't of mattered if it was actually BETTER than PS4 hardware wise, that DRM is a big no-no.

Edited by Crowbar Man

Xbox Original and 360 were great from an architecture standpoint.

The 360's only issue was an unfortunate overheating issue due to a fault in the manufacturing process, but its architecture design was solid and to this day 360 games tend to beat PS3 games in multi platform releases.

I am not aware of any hardware issues that the original Xbox had, and I'm not sure how it was rushed either.

Not that I care at all about the Xbox One at this point, but I'm pretty sure most of the demos shown at E3 (probably even some PS4 games) were probably shown on devkit hardware, which are basically PCs. In theory, even if the PCs were higher spec then the real Xbox One (or PS4), if they were running Windows and standard PC parts, a console generally can do more with the same spec than a generic PC can due to it being a specific hardware target rather then being programmed to work on multiple types of PCs. Also generally less overhead with the OS.

Still if either party was using high powered PCs to show off games, that can be pretty deceptive if the final product doesn't wind up looking near the same quality. Then again, Sony showed off obviously fake FMV "real time demos" of the PS3 back when that was unveiled so :/

I think calling the x360 a great console from a hardware standpoint while also saying it just has this tiny, unfortunate overheating problem that rendered a large portion of the products unusable is a bit silly. It wasn't just a minor problem, this problem made a brick out of a large percentage of the x360 consoles.

Read this article, it's an eye opener on how "great" the architecture and the hardware planning for the x360 was: http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/05/xbox-360-defects-an-inside-history-of-microsofts-video-game-console-woes/

Of course, they later (much later) fixed it but still. Also, one thing I'd like to mention is why multiplatform titles were generally better on the xbox.

First, Xbox had the largest market over sony for years since launch. We know sony made a lot of mistakes back then that made people not give two shits about the ps3 at launch. This made the x360 the main platform to develop for. Games were developed with xbox's architecture in mind first, then ported to the ps3 architecture.

Second, the ps3 architecture was a mess and several articles from developers account for that. There's a reason Sony dropped its silly idea of going with the cell. Don't get me wrong the Cell was much more powerful than the x360's processor, and the ps3 was the mot powerful of the two as exclusive titles can show.

Third, consoles having less overhead than a regular PC isn't that true anymore. the xb1 is basically running on windows 8, and the OS takes up 3 gb of memory to be able to run in the background with all the apps and stuff, along with what I assume a sizeable part of the processing power.

Only grandmothers and stupid mothers who don't ever do research on anything will buy this system. And only stupid children will want it.

I will begin finding out how many people are really stupid in the world when I see the sale count when it releases.

You really need to stop saying things like this. It's very mean-spirited.

I'm gonna get a little tin foil hat here so bear with me, gang.

So I'm really wondering about how Gamestop is going to handle the Xbox One if at all. Reason being, I have 4 friends on my Facebook list that are Gamestop Managers in different states, and they are ALWAYS posting something or another about "come in to grab your preorders" and posting all sorts of other related stuffs. While these guys have been going nuts about the PS4 and getting everyone to grab one, absolutely no mention on any front about the Xbox One at all.

I highly doubt Gamestop would ignore that train without good reason, but it all just seems very odd to me. /tinfoilhat

I'm gonna get a little tin foil hat here so bear with me, gang.

So I'm really wondering about how Gamestop is going to handle the Xbox One if at all. Reason being, I have 4 friends on my Facebook list that are Gamestop Managers in different states, and they are ALWAYS posting something or another about "come in to grab your preorders" and posting all sorts of other related stuffs. While these guys have been going nuts about the PS4 and getting everyone to grab one, absolutely no mention on any front about the Xbox One at all.

I highly doubt Gamestop would ignore that train without good reason, but it all just seems very odd to me. /tinfoilhat

Yeah, Gamestop is going to cast their allegience with Sony/Nintendo. Selling used games is their entire profit model and MS is threatening that.

Designing a console that wrecks havoc on your primary business model would seem to be a very good reason for me. I've been to a few other more local retailers and they're all claiming that they'll refuse to sell XBox One games, as well, for the same reason. There's virtually no money in it for them, as it stands, so there's no reason to support the system.

Congressmen propose “We Are Watching You Act,” an anti-Kinect bill

I'll let the title of that article speak for itself XD

What congressmen actually still trying to represent the people?? 8O

Could be a ruse.

Edit

Yeah, Gamestop is going to cast their allegience with Sony/Nintendo. Selling used games is their entire profit model and MS is threatening that.

MS is in deep now!

Edited by HoboKa

Congressmen propose “We Are Watching You Act,” an anti-Kinect bill

I'll let the title of that article speak for itself XD

when the device is recording it will display “WE ARE WATCHING YOU” in a font “large enough to be readable from a distance.”

While that kind of message might kill the immersive feel of a round of Killer Instinct, it might help with Watch Dogs.

ahah, nice one.

No, Gamestop is going to be one of the reseller partners for used Xbox One games. It seems to be a weird misconception, but MS isn't killing used games with Xbox One, they're just controlling them more and changing how the process works.