Xbox One

• 2 weeks later...

Xbox One has shared a new "Feature" for Xbox Live:

Smart Match Frees Up Your Time

With Smart Match, you can do whatever you want while Xbox One finds your perfect match. This means that less popular multiplayer modes and maps that have traditionally taken a long time to find players suddenly become playable. Because Snap mode is a core feature of Xbox One that lets you do two things at once, you no longer have to wait in lobbies while Xbox Live is matchmaking for you. One friend can even set up matches for your whole party.

Smart Match Lets You Know When Your Game is Ready

After you or a party member inputs the criteria for your perfect game, do something more fun than waiting; it’s up to you. Play another game, find some new downloadable content, or jump on Reddit. Take yourself as many touch points away from the matchmaking process as you can and you still don’t need to worry about finding your way back. Once Xbox One is done finding your perfect match, it will prompt you with a simple toast—no matter where you are or what you’re doing—so you can jump straight into playing.

Alt+Tab has finally come to the Consoles!

• 9 months later...

Chumps.

Like seriously who didn't see this coming? 'Guys, Kinect is really important to the system we can't sell it to you without it.' *Xbox loses terribly because nobody wants to spend 100 dollars on Kinect* 'Great news! We can sell it to you without Kinect now!'

They already knew people didn't want it. There's a lesson in not listening to your customers.

Chumps.

Like seriously who didn't see this coming? 'Guys, Kinect is really important to the system we can't sell it to you without it.' *Xbox loses terribly because nobody wants to spend 100 dollars on Kinect* 'Great news! We can sell it to you without Kinect now!'

They already knew people didn't want it. There's a lesson in not listening to your customers.

Amen to this post.

That's a pretty good move. Now if Nintendo can knock off $100 and sell Wii U without the gamepad, they might be able to get back in the game too.

The difference being that's impossible.

Like seriously stop doing this everyone knows it's just to get people mad. You're not subtle.

It .. IS.. possible, and it's not trollbait. If Microsoft can remove the Kinect from Xbox One, there's no reason at all that Gamepad can't be removed from Wii U. In fact, they could even add remote play to the 3DS which would replace the gamepad completely. It's not only possible but it'd be a pretty good move and might boost sales of the Wii U.

As for the Xbone, still not too interested in it.. apart from Gears of War 4 there's not too much I'm interested on it.

While he's getting annoying as hell with his bashing around the Wii U, he's got a point. By this point, I fear there may be no going back on some games. If the game DEPENDS on the gamepad, then you've got an issue. But all the games I'm aware of have both the option of the gamepad and the pro controller or Wii controller.

I think it is possible, but it may cost the loss of some games. Those games would only be able to be played on the Wii U's with gamepads. But again, I don't even know if there are games out there that *depend* on the gamepad.

However, I really like the gamepad. And honestly... it's kinda what makes the console. Without it, it's kinda just an update to the Wii.

But then again, all the consoles of this generation are kinda updates of the last generation. I suppose we've just caught up with technology completely now and now there isn't much left to add on to a console. I bet we could last on these consoles for another 10 years and be completely fine. Well... maybe not the Wii U, unfortunately.

But again, I don't even know if there are games out there that *depend* on the gamepad.

Really? Can't think of anything?

484296_565369130145793_1603740310_n.jpg

Not even one single game out there?

Brandon sort of maybe has a point. Right now the crux of console games is "graphics or gtfo", which Nintendo isn't the leader of (really though, who needs to see the pore detail of the person they just blasted with their overpowered Call to War riflecannonthing). Naturally, we could also scream "but CPU power!" (and many already do) but everyone knows that PCs do it better regardless and the likelihood that any of the games on any of these consoles completely use up the entire CPU load at any moment in time is next to none.

The thing against XBone was the Kinect, and sales may pick up after this announcement. The complaint about Nintendo is that they don't want to follow the crowd - they never have, and it seems that the crowd as always followed Nintendo, e.g. Wii comes out, everyone laughs, everyone creates motion-detecting equipment soon after. This round it's the gamepad, and everyone who hates Nintendo loves to bash nintendo over anything and everything, and this is no exception. Is the gamepad a fantastic piece of hardware? Well, I wouldn't know, never used it. Is it revolutionary to gaming? Probably. Could it be replaced with remote connection using a 3DS while shaving a few bucks off of the console price? Of course, but I'd rather buy one console with remote console gameplay for $XXX than buy two to get the same functionality for ultimately more money {$XXX-100 + $YYY}.

looking at you PS Vita

But enough Anti/Pro-Nintendo (brandon), let's get back to discussing the XBone.

So, price drop. This can be good, and it may help Microsoft recoup any losses they may have earned (or, well, lost) since launch, but I think that in order to pull this off the XBone will need to have a kickass set of games lined up to bring back gamer interest to this console.

Edited by Anorax

Really? Can't think of anything?

484296_565369130145793_1603740310_n.jpg

Not even one single game out there?

Brandon sort of maybe has a point. Right now the crux of console games is "graphics or gtfo", which Nintendo isn't the leader of (really though, who needs to see the pore detail of the person they just blasted with their overpowered Call to War riflecannonthing). Naturally, we could also scream "but CPU power!" (and many already do) but everyone knows that PCs do it better regardless and the likelihood that any of the games on any of these consoles completely use up the entire CPU load at any moment in time is next to none.

The thing against XBone was the Kinect, and sales may pick up after this announcement. The complaint about Nintendo is that they don't want to follow the crowd - they never have, and it seems that the crowd as always followed Nintendo, e.g. Wii comes out, everyone laughs, everyone creates motion-detecting equipment soon after. This round it's the gamepad, and everyone who hates Nintendo loves to bash nintendo over anything and everything, and this is no exception. Is the gamepad a fantastic piece of hardware? Well, I wouldn't know, never used it. Is it revolutionary to gaming? Probably. Could it be replaced with remote connection using a 3DS while shaving a few bucks off of the console price? Of course, but I'd rather buy one console with remote console gameplay for $XXX than buy two to get the same functionality for ultimately more money {$XXX-100 + $YYY}.

looking at you PS Vita

But enough Anti/Pro-Nintendo (brandon), let's get back to discussing the XBone.

So, price drop. This can be good, and it may help Microsoft recoup any losses they may have earned (or, well, lost) since launch, but I think that in order to pull this off the XBone will need to have a kickass set of games lined up to bring back gamer interest to this console.

Haha see, I've got a Wii U, but I've got it for Nintendo stuff. And from all the first-party games I've looked into, there are none that *require* the gamepad.

It's funny, everyone laughed at the Wii despite the fact it sold practically double what the Xbox 360 sold, and the Xbox 360 came second. So even if the Wii U ultimately fails, they farted money with the Wii, so they're covered for quite a bit.

You're probably right, I bet everyone will eventually follow after the gamepad theory. However, like I said, the Wii was killer successful. Wii U, on the other hand, is currently not.

Honestly I find it super unfortunate with the whole "graphics or get out" thing. I have a pretty young brother who unfortunately has been influenced by this idea. He claims he saw a game with such horribly done graphics that he couldn't even play it. I was honestly depressed. It's the game that counts.

Honestly, noticing how Microsoft is really listening to its audience, I think they're making a good move. I originally bashed pretty harshly on the Xbone, but by this point they've fixed it up enough I'm ok with it. I won't get it, though. Too much money for me. Hahahaha

Actually pretty far off on last gen sales. And Xbox 360 came in last.

worldwide_totals_lastgen.png?a=710

Since the announcement of the XBone, there have been so many radical changes to the policy and now hardware. Overall, do you think this is enough to get back into the good graces of gamers everywhere?

Actually pretty far off on last gen sales. And Xbox 360 came in last.

worldwide_totals_lastgen.png?a=710

Since the announcement of the XBone, there have been so many radical changes to the policy and now hardware. Overall, do you think this is enough to get back into the good graces of gamers everywhere?

Oh wow ok. I stand corrected. Wii still won, but I guess it's been a pretty long time since I've looked at the sales count.

As for the new policies, I don't agree with them. Granted, while I like new things and changes (I hate making a game and adding a couple new things and slapping a new number on the box... ahem *cough* CoD *cough*), I'm actually pretty sentimental.

I'm more obsessed with the older days of gaming. I like it simple. Which is what frustrates me about these new ideas. They get so complex and there's just too much. Make a game. Put it on a console. Switch it on. The game immediately pops up. Start playing. Take it to friends' houses. The end. Let's go back to that. That was amazing.

Nicely said G-Mixer, although I may not be into the hype machine. I am more into having a video game console being just that. I don't need the bells and whistles, just let me enjoy my games and that's all.

The super ultra extras aren't really needed. Its getting too complicated to keep up with everything we don't need.