Plogue's Chipsounds discount

Welp, this is a longshot, but I might as well try...

Plogue's Chipsounds is a fantastic plugin which does a whole lot of justice to a bunch of old soundchips. Head on over to the site if you've not heard it in action.

Normally, it's $95.00, but in a bulk order of 10 or more copies, it's discounted to $75.00 apiece. So basically, I'm trying to get 10 people here who are interested in buying it :P I'll start a list and give it a month. If we're not at 10, I'm just going to go ahead and buy it.

10 COOL PEOPLE WHO WANT CHIPSOUNDS:

1. ectogemia

2. Brandon Strader

3. PixelPanic

Edited by ectogemia

I'm a chiptune noob, which I hope to remedy soon, but is this only for 8-bit sounds? I'm currently looking for Genesis sound fonts so if it can do any 16-bit stuff i'd be in.

The Ultimate Megadrive Soundfont should please m'lord. Also, VOPM is a good AND FUCKING CONFUSING free VST for Sega YM-whatever chip emulation. In fact, you can rip .opm files from Genesis ROMs or download packs of them from the internets and load them into VOPM and BOOM, it'll dial in the actual FM synthesis parameters for your selection and be a perfect replication of the chip sound.

You can also make your own FM patches. Genesis FM patches are super-duper basic. They're not very hard to make in any FM synthesizer. The real trick is understanding just how the fuck FM synthesis works.

To my knowledge, though, Chipsounds only does 8-bit stuff. NES, Gameboy, Commodore, Atari, etc.

So I can sign you up, right? :D

I just picked up the megadrive soundfont collection last night and i have had VOPM for a long time but I can't seem to get it to work at all. I even found a huge collection of presets that some guy did for it and i keep getting a bell sound no matter what I load up or what buttons i hit.

Let me check my finances. 75 is a deal but I have a huge studio upgrade planned just as soon as I finish the tracks I'm working on. I'm upgrading everything but the case. Which I may upgrade anyway if I feel like it. :grin:

Well you could keep a list of who is interested in it, then bump this when it goes on 50% off sale again. That might be too much effort for you though if you want to get chipsounds now now now now now. :-P

Wasn't I the one who was going to wait a month to gather 10 people? :P Welp, sure. Let's keep the thread around for make benefit of sale times.