BlahZae Remix / Chrono Trigger - Corridors of Time

blahzae

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is a cool and unique take on a heavily remixed source. My only gripe is that the lead melody was buried when it came in, but overall very nice. You kept it relevant to the source material while adding a hip-hop-like vibe that worked (at least for my ears).

Blahzae, I really like this! I love the little synths, especially the glides down. I Think the instrument choices are great, they sound very cute and poppy. I like it. Very nice drums, especially the hi-hat patterns. -- Except there is like 5 minutes of dead air at the end. . .

You stayed pretty close to the source, which is not a bad thing unless you're planning to submit this to the panel :P

Like it's already been mentioned, the first lead is too quiet. You could try to bring it's volume up a bit and then do some EQ dips in the other instruments to make it stand out.

I can't think of any more constructive comments unfortunately. Just gonna say that I liked this :P

I think the balance is an issue here. The drums overpower everything else by quite a bit. The kick and snare don't have to be so prominent to be effective.

Like Hak said, it's really close to the original. It's basically the same song with different instruments, which is okay. You did a good job of it but again, like Hak said, if you plan to submit this to OCR, you'll probably want to do a bit more with it arangementally.