OCR02665 - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team "Beneath the Blaze"

• 2 weeks later...

Whoo, that opening had me ready for a full on ride, and the ride was pretty fun. I can hear some of the skrillex that halc pointed out, and that/this kind of deliberate dubstep is the kind that I can fully get behind and enjoy. I actually liked the "yah-yah"'s here. Sounded robotic and mechanical in a good way. Nice work.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

I don't think the wubwub was well-executed from a technical standpoint, and I agree with halc on that. I actually believe the wub bass is too thin, for sure. The filter that's being used is missing some body that would otherwise bring it into hardcore territory. Right now, being paired with bells of all things, it doesn't seem to work IMO. It feels static to me, and somewhat repetitive. I would have liked some glitch fills, drops (like at 2:59), or some other types of wubs brought in, like "wah-wah" wubs, "eeyeah" wubs, or downright nasty ones. Something to keep the variety going.

Aside from that, I liked this.

Edited by timaeus222

• 2 years later...

I knew this was gonna be dubstep before I read it in the description. I just heard it in the intro. Surprisingly, this wasn’t as “in my face” as dubstep usually is. The wubwub was definitely too thin, as timaeus222 pointed out. The kick-bass was more in my face than the actual wubwub was. Whether I like it or not, dubstep is supposed to make me a little intimidated at the thought of blasting the volume as high as it can.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02665 - Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team "Beneath the Blaze"