PRC246 - Battle in the Battlefield (Battlefield 1942)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 246

PRCv10-12

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Last time V___ got victory by default. He was the only one who managed to submit a song in time and an extension also didn't work. I hope for more fireworks in this round.

From Australia, there came a man

Not a gamer, but he was a fan

Of fun stupid tunes,

Not iPods but Zunes,

...I wont keep going but I can

He entered a fun PRC

He layered his untz to a T

But no one else came,

Upped his internet fame,

He ended up winning for free

It was on him to submit a source,

He hummed a bit then thought "OF COURSE!!

"A remix or two

of Battlefield '42

If I choose that, I'd have no remorse!"

Seriously, such a great track

PRC246.jpg

Source: Battlefield 1942 (PC) - Intro

MIDI (Backup)

Wiki

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 20 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes). If anyone has problems with uploading songs to ThaSauce let me know (in this thread) and post a download link to your song in this thread (so I can upload it to ThaSauce).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY June 10th 2013 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  6. The winner of this round may select the source for PRC247.
  7. The winner of last round can take part by submitting a Bonus Mix, but he/she can't win this round.
  8. You can find the full rules list at this page as well.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Edited by Bundeslang

Hm, midi file doesn't work for me :-/

The original link worked fine, but on ThaSauce it didn't work. I renamed the MID and reuploaded it, now it should work. If not, use this link (which is also added in the first post):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wwfcgz04ckyw3u/Battlefield%201942%20ThemeV2.mid

Thanks for posting.

Edited by Bundeslang

This seems to me like the same theme as the Battlefield 3 theme, for which there was a PRC already that I participated in. It has the exact same melodies and motifs, with some minor differences in the way it's arranged.

Yeah, its basically the same theme. I remember picking that source for BF3! Oh well, I'll definitely enjoy hearing the remixes

This seems to me like the same theme as the Battlefield 3 theme, for which there was a PRC already that I participated in. It has the exact same melodies and motifs, with some minor differences in the way it's arranged.

I missed that one, otherwise I probably decided to let V___ pick another source. Since it is send as a different game (Battlefield 3 vs Battlefield 1942) I didn't find out.

I'm not changing this round, so let the remixes come.

Ok so I got 3 responses for you, each one real (in a way) -

The honest and apologetic:

Whoa, seriously? Havnt heard the B3 theme

[Listens] Yeh, they're the same song... sorry PRC people, didnt know...

The snide and dismissive:

[Listens to Battlefield 3 theme] It sounds like I'm listening to the '42 theme on a speaker with a blown sub. Besides, '42 came out first, so if anything SirNuts submitted a REMIX for PRC, so mines legit and like.. yeh.. howya gonna act, yo [high fives a passing bro]

The Irish minstrel:

It looks like a repeat to me,

of P R C 2 4 and 3

The themes are the same,

And on paper its lame,

But it might make some listeners squee.

I'm looking forward to hearing the winners,

As we rapidly approach the finis',

I'll be back in a day

For now I'll be on me way

To go fuck a sheep and drink Guinness

Just listened to your entry for 213 SirNutz, a good winner there! We both had the same idea w the constant bass, great minds... Wouldve been awesome to hear your secondary take on this.

Between PRCs 213 and 246 we have enough tracks for a Battlefield Remix EP - who wants to approach EA for some potential currency?

Also, I'm gonna keep working on my version of this track; it'll never get onto OCR (or OLR) but its damn addictive.

Since this is the second Battlefield Theme PRC and I don't have the feeling that anyone is working on something and close to finish it I decided to not extend this round, what makes OneUp the winner.

OneUp, you may select the source for PRC247. Send your source to me (with a MID file, otherwise send a second source with a MID file) by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix).

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Make sure to check related games as well to prevent this rounds situation:-D. I'll make sure to double check it this time. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

Send your source as fast as you can, but before this Friday, 14th of June 2013.