ASIO doesn't work with Firefox on at all?

I'll parrot what has been said about reinstalling drivers. It has worked for me on more than one occassion. Ever since I got my audio interface, though, ASIO issues have been nonexistent, AND I can run ASIO drivers in FL without having external audio issues. Maybe an audio interface would be a lasting solution to external audio problems?

If I had to guess, I would say your ASIO device is the default sound device, and firefox is grabbing it at start up for some reason. Some apps will let you share the ASIO driver for playback, while others require exclusive control. Good ones let you choose whether it is exclusive.

I use the onboard sound as the default and run it to a mixer with my audio interface. All audio apps use this, default win crap uses the onboard, and everything is happy.

I'm not saying the change in Firefox isn't what created the issue (I've had weirder problems) but I don't think there is an issue with Firefox and ASIO. It may be that whatever they did works fine on 99% of other systems but not yours.

Happens all the time when dealing with technology. A legitimate change in one piece of technology exposes an issue with something else. Something may appear to work correctly, but that can either mean that it is actually working correctly or that you just haven't encountered the problem yet.

If I had to guess, I would say your ASIO device is the default sound device, and firefox is grabbing it at start up for some reason. Some apps will let you share the ASIO driver for playback, while others require exclusive control. Good ones let you choose whether it is exclusive.

I use the onboard sound as the default and run it to a mixer with my audio interface. All audio apps use this, default win crap uses the onboard, and everything is happy.

This is my guess. I use ASIO4All v2 as well and I have the same problem. When FL isn't running, everything works fine. But if something uses the soundcard (something makes a sound) before I open FL, FL will be silent and I'll have to close whatever program made the sound and restart FL. Likewise, while FL is using the soundcard, everything else is mute until I close FL and restart the browser (or whatever else). It's frustrating and I've tried to find a workaround so many times but it seems like it has something to do with the soundcard's capability or something. I don't remember what it was I found out but from what I could tell, it just isn't possible to run ASIO through both at once.

EDIT: I seem to remember something about sample rate but I don't think I ever figured it out.

Edited by Theory of N