Final Fantasy XV

He marks the checkbox for whiny flaboyant blonde character that Square Enix likes to do from time to time. I hope they actually make him a gay character because that would be both interesting and edgy while also bringing an interesting dynamic to the sausage club they've got going on. But if they don't that's cool too.

As for whether I won't like him?? I doubt it... I just want the game noooow

I honestly think FF15 development either needs to be made into a sitcom, or some kind of movie. Maybe a romantic comedy drama. :tomatoface:

A road movie?

That cave scene was in stark contrast with the rest of the trailer. I just hope the game won't end up as a giant patchwork of accumulated, disjointed ideas from all the directions they've taken it internally over the years, so they can wrap it up before the next console generation.

The first trailer was pretty cool overall. The part where they used the enemy's weapon against itself. Epic! Kind of reminded me of Evil Dead 2 (the tiny clones of Ash running around with their own smurfy agenda).

If three's a crowd, who will be the first two to die GRR Martin style? Maybe one dies, another gets depressed and can't be a player anymore, a romantic lead enters the scene, and then they all go to the moon.

Whatever happens, there will be awesome music. (Later: "First Final Fantasy without any music.")

Comparing game development time now and then, it's mainly about the increased bandwidth given to audio and video, and what infrastructure and competency must follow to support it. AAA really only means greater scope. Versus probably never took off because they had no direction with the game and instead kept rebooting it in response to new development. In contrast, an MMORPG like ESO was far greater in scope and started in 2007.

Final Fantasy always has an annoying character. Let's go through all the FF games I'm familiar with.

FF1: None

FF4: Palom and Porom

FF6: Relm

FF7: Yuffie

FF8: Selphie

FF9: Eiko, Zorn Thorn

FF10: Rikku

FF12: Penelo

FF13: Vanille

FF14: Ascillia, Hildebrand

FF15: Prompto Argentum

Edited by Thin Crust

Why do they all look like J-rockers/punks. Still it at least looks promising...sort of? Also, I predict that they'll hire Liam Neeson to voice a mentor or father. Or a catatonic hero :)

Bring back Alec Baldwin hahah.. first time he'll have voiced a FF game since Spirits Within (oh wait, that wasn't a game)

I love Spirits Within, it completely deserves the Final Fantasy name. If it were a game people wouldn't have bitched and they would have just accepted that it was Final Fantasy, especially with where the series has gone. In a series where every game's story and setting is different it's weird that people are like "It's not final fantasy".

If they made a game based on the movie Hitch and called it Final Fantasy XVI it would be as legit of a FF as any of the other games. That's actually not half bad, a romantic comedy FF? I'd buy it.

If they made a game based on the movie Hitch and called it Final Fantasy XVI it would be as legit of a FF as any of the other games. That's actually not half bad, a romantic comedy FF? I'd buy it.

I thought that was VIII. :P

And surprisingly enough, Spirits Within is actually kinda close thematically to a lot of the big FFs, mostly pertaining to dual and/or merging worlds. Probably closest in similarity to FF IX, though the dual world theme carries over to many of the other games as well (V comes to mind).

Anyway, definitely looking forward to this entry, especially since I tend to be fairly immune to many of the... standard stranger Japanese tropes and plot holes. The setting feels like a breath of fresh air, if it turns out as it appears. A great blend of modern casual/streamlined tech and fantasy austerity.

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

CN4B4sp.gif

That trailer did it to me. I haven't really been all giddy or excited about any FF game like I am about this one. This looks friggin' awesome! I can't wait to go driving around in a car full of hot boyz. Hahaha. It's so simple, but the whole idea of drive around with your friends in a car, get out and find some dudes, get back in the car, sounds so damn fun to me! Also, the graphics are amazing, the detail is extravagant, the throw-sword-and-warp move looks super fun, and I'm really interested in how all the cooperative tactics will feel. Supposedly you just have to control Noctis and when other can assist you, they automatically do.

NEWS FLASH: Just in case nobody heard, Square said they are 55% finished with the game. . . *SIGH*

I can't wait to go driving around in a car full of hot boyz. Hahaha. It's so simple, but the whole idea of drive around with your friends in a car, get out and find some dudes, get back in the car, sounds so damn fun to me!

I was just about to say "DAT CAR THO" (sorry) I'm so glad they have a car in this one. More JRPGs need to have cars. Like in Tales of Xillia, it didn't make sense for them to walk everywhere in an advanced techno-magical world.

FFXV is going to be a more "casual" experience.

http://rpgfan.com/news/2014/2026.html

I was scared about what this meant at first but as I read on it started to feel OK. One button combat seems kind of overly simplifying though. A button for defensive maneuvers sounds like more fun to me. I'm still excited though!

• 1 month later...

So what do you think of the open world? Don't worry, they removed 90% of the content just to show how expansive the world was without spoiling everything else in that part. Only concern was that the music was pretty repetitive. It looks like that car is going to be a necessity. And if you look at 6:40, it's chocobos!

Press X for Premium

...that'll be 500 gil.

Then a bunch of disgruntled grunts about how gas would be half that price if the politicians weren't so evil, people saying "I'm gonna go exclusively Chocobo after this"

The jokes are funny but this is a super unique idea for a game storyline and I'm excited for it. You really never see this, especially in mainstream type RPGs, a genre that ALWAYS has female fronting characters of some kind.

Not to mention it's kinda the opposite of Final Fantasy X-2 which was a completely female-fronted game, no male playable characters, but a few subtle shots of Tidus here and there (that's how I expect "Stella" or "Luna" to appear in FFXV, non-playable but a big part of story/motivations)

Edited by Brandon Strader