Kingdom Hearts 3

Brandon Strader

finally. I've only been waiting for it for like the better part of a decade, though given my track record with video games in the last ~5 years or so I may as well not even spend the money ;~;

really though, I'll consider getting a PS4 for this game alone. hoping I don't need to bother with the myriad spinoffs and such to enjoy the story, that'll never happen. I'm definitely looking forward to this new installment though.

I never finished Chain of Memories because it was a Suck. So when I started Kingdom Hearts 2 and Sora was trapped in whatever bulb that was, it was definitely confusing, but the impact on the story in general was so very very little that it didn't really matter that much. I think KH3 could work the same way, with the handheld games really not mattering at all. But they'll probably have KH 2.5 remix out before 3, already got 1.5 pre-ordered and I don't mind re-buying the 2 remix editions. BESIDES IT'S NOT LIKE THE PS3 IS GONNA BE OBSOLETE ANY TIME SOON HAR HAR HAR.

yeah you can sort of skip chain of memories because a) it's not good and B) the second game kind of summarizes everything that happens

but that being said birth by sleep, 365/21 days or whatever it's called and dream drop distance are all great games and at the very least I think that birth by sleep is kind of required playing for plot reasons

I wouldn't be surprised if they summarized DDD in KH3 but birth by sleep is kind of huge

Squeenix knew that they couldn't go another year without talking about KH3 xD Nomura always beat around the bush whenever it was mentioned in an interview and always said that he would focus on the game after Versus XIII (now XV). You can't get away with being that vague for so long.

I'm so excited for this game though! It makes me want to go back and play KH2 in celebration of the news. The conference was definitely worth watching once the announcement was made.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/79743/kingdom-hearts-3-director-warns-we-may-have-announced-it

Kingdom Hearts 3 announced too early...... People were expecting this out in 2014, right? Well, it's good to be optimistic, but when Nomura says too early, it doesn't sound too good to me.

Let's also open up a dialogue with some speculation here, about what could or should be in the next game!

http://www.pennlive.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/06/kingdom_hearts_3_speculation.html

Nomura said whenever Disney acquired a new property, he'd call them up and say "Can we use this in Kingdom Hearts?" And sometimes they'd say "absolutely no" and sometimes they were less sure.

What would you think is an absolute no? I would think Marvel. Star Wars I would think MAYBE, but probably no.

What do you think?

My most-likely YES's would be The Jungle Book, Wreck-It Ralph (minus the extra stuff, maybe just the characters + Sugar Rush.) And personally I'd LOVE to see Robin Hood. Epic Mickey would be cool but confusing given that it stars Mickey and such.

I could totally see Star Wars getting a World, especially with it's emphasis on the Darkside, seems plausible to me to see Vader commanding some trooper-heartless.

As for spinoffs, I think you can miss Coded and Days but I'd say thats it.

Though if you get the chance I'd say try Days because it's definitely one of the more emotional stories in KH.

BBS doesn't really add that much either but it's got decent gameplay and introduces some important characters.

Also: Chain of Memories is awesome don't listen to em.

*shrugs* I quite liked the Card Game mechanic.

Though I'm biased COM was actually my first KH game. Though the system worked well enough and Riku's story was totally fun for me.

The story is also critically important due to all the villain-casulties in it that KHII barely mentions.