Kingdom Hearts 3

Brandon Strader

http://www.latintimes.com/articles/7863/20130829/kingdom-hearts-3-release-date-rumors-cancelled.htm#.UiNUEpJQEp8

This website is terrible (maybe not as bad as kotaku) but the most important thing is that they suggest KH3 may be out in 2014. That sounds awful soon for a game they're just starting on, but it ALSO suggests that FF15 may be coming sooner than expected. (Expected being like, 2017)

By the by, KH3 will be at TGS later this month. Along with FFXV.

oh and by the way, Master Spockanort is a girl. She's cool. The Odium Crop person who asked her the questions on the other hand... not so much. So yeah. Rather sad that he got his questions answered by a completely unaffiliated source (aka a fan, just like us) and got it posted as an article. Even sadder that that article was sourced in another.

What's next? People sourcing forum threads directly?

anywho news at TGS. yay.

Wait and see. I'm currently playing through KH3D (quite good) and I have high expectations for the conclusion of the "Xehanort" saga.

Weirdly I don't barely remember Xehasnort at all. Was that really the main bad guy of all the games? How did I miss it? Was he in KH1? I vaguely remember him from KH2. Oh well :-D

Yeah...pre-ordered KH HD collection...can't be assed to bother with DDD and the other spin offs. I'm hoping they won't leave u too much in the dark story-wise come KH3 >.<

y'know how the 4 hour long introduction to KH2 made no fucking sense if you didn't play chain of memories and only a tiny bit of sense if you did?

I wouldn't worry about it

y'know how the 4 hour long introduction to KH2 made no fucking sense if you didn't play chain of memories and only a tiny bit of sense if you did?

I wouldn't worry about it

KH3 is going to start with Sora dressed as a chicken covered in blood, Dolan dead and Goofy covered with battle scars, and I'm gonna be like wtf which handheld game did I skip that explains this

• 1 month later...

Hot darn, who knew they had actually made this much stuff? E3 footage was, in all honesty, pretty sparse. Looked like just a simple scripted CGI trailer with very basic elements. This looks a little more in depth, although still kind of simple, but it suggests they might be farther along than simply in the "brainstorming" phase.

Not anything too mindblowing, but nice to see. It would be great if they released these kinds of teasers more often.

Hot darn, who knew they had actually made this much stuff? E3 footage was, in all honesty, pretty sparse. Looked like just a simple scripted CGI trailer with very basic elements. This looks a little more in depth, although still kind of simple, but it suggests they might be farther along than simply in the "brainstorming" phase.

Not anything too mindblowing, but nice to see. It would be great if they released these kinds of teasers more often.

holyshitelectricalparade! Gimmicky, but they know how to punch you right in the nostalgia.

KH3 is going to start with Sora dressed as a chicken covered in blood, Dolan dead and Goofy covered with battle scars, and I'm gonna be like wtf which handheld game did I skip that explains this

Oh that's not from a handheld, that happens to be from Kingdom Hearts X[chi] - that lovely browser game that probably won't see the light of day outside of Japan. It also happens to be a very super secret, one-off missable in-game cutscene.

That aside, the KH3 trailer was awesome, though as you said nothing mindblowing. Though people do seem to be blowing up about the fact that Sora had guns, as if he's going to be running around with them and they weren't just a magic finishing combo.

Also, too bad you don't live nearby. I'd say you could raid my collection if you wanted to play the handhelds/Final Mix versions of anything - but the ReMixes are clearly taking care of that.

• 4 months later...

Why not link to the actual survey itself?

I mean no need to read an article about it. Also it'll remain open until March 14, 2014 at 11:59PM, just so you know.

A little interesting tidbit about the survey: Question 19 asks what games one is looking forward to, and Theatrhythm Curtain Call is one of them. Paired with the trademark from a few months ago, I think this is a good sign that that game is coming here. :3

Oh and if you want a Wii U version of KH3 here's the place to mention it.

• 1 year later...

The game might be farther along than most people expected!

http://www.gamesradar.com/nomura-kingdom-hearts-3s-basic-foundation-close-complete/

It's about as far as I expected based on some evidence... such as the presence of English voice over and actual lip syncing. Then again, that could have just specifically been made for the E3 trailer. 

I think it would be reasonable to see this maybe by 2017, maybe sooner. FF15 might come out first. 

I think it would be reasonable to see this maybe by 2017, maybe sooner. FF15 might come out first. 

Someone theorized the game would be released in December 2016: the calendar shown in the trailer behing Young Eraqus corresponds to that month. So much stuff hidden in that cutscene (the chess pieces would represent the 7 Lights and 13 Darkness).

Someone theorized the game would be released in December 2016: the calendar shown in the trailer behing Young Eraqus corresponds to that month. So much stuff hidden in that cutscene (the chess pieces would represent the 7 Lights and 13 Darkness).

That is awesome and possible and I haven't seen that yet in the trailer but I'm gonna look. For that matter nobody shared the trailer yet. Here it is!

I can see the Calendar but how are they getting December 2016 from that? Also who is Eraqus? Haha. 

That is awesome and possible and I haven't seen that yet in the trailer but I'm gonna look. For that matter nobody shared the trailer yet. Here it is!

I can see the Calendar but how are they getting December 2016 from that? Also who is Eraqus? Haha. 

Because the first day of December 2016 will be a Thursday, just like in the calendar behind Eraqus.

It's probably just coincidence or something to troll the fans, is my bet.

Because the first day of December 2016 will be a Thursday, just like in the calendar behind Eraqus.

It's probably just coincidence or something to troll the fans, is my bet.

Yeah I'd say probably a coincidence. I mean unless I'm missing something, there are only seven possible layouts for a 31 day month, right? Looking through the next year, we're going to have 31 day months that start on every other day before we hit December 2016. Also this upcoming October would match that calendar too. The calendar had to start somewhere.

Man, I remember that now. Ansem was Christopher Lee. 8 days, man.... 8 days.

RiP Sir Christopher Frank Carandini Lee, aka Ansem The Wise quite possibly the most deadly video game voice actor ever. Dracula is played by "Christopher Bee" Lee play Dracula in the Hammer Films version of Dracula and the intro music is Yoko Shimomura, just an interesting, but coincidental, connection.