Super Smash Bros. 4

The Derrit

This should be Retro's next project after they finish Tropical Freeze. I wouldn't mind them doing something that goes between first and third person like Prime, but with a much lighter atmosphere. Startropics got pretty creepy at times but that tropical island theme lightened things up a bit.

Sick Shin'en on F-Zero, Platinum on Star Fox.

Do it Nintendo (spoken in threatening Italian mobster accent).

Sorry. Back to topic please.

Retro on startropics would be awesome. A colorful adventure in the vein of zelda but with witty humor and modern setting. Auto Wii U get for me.

Did you expect him to NOT be built around projectiles? I mean, shooting is kind of his thing. And jumping.

Having a lot of projectiles isn't the same as having nearly your entire moveset be projectiles, even Samus has always had a lot of melee attacks. It is kind of unprecedented

And my comment was less about expectation and more just noting how obnoxious a character to fight against MM is probably going to be if he has much ability to micromanage these projectiles like a TL

Time outs galore confirmed for Smash 4

Having a lot of projectiles isn't the same as having nearly your entire moveset be projectiles, even Samus has always had a lot of melee attacks. It is kind of unprecedented

And my comment was less about expectation and more just noting how obnoxious a character to fight against MM is probably going to be if he has much ability to micromanage these projectiles like a TL

Time outs galore confirmed for Smash 4

Keep in mind his mega buster looks like it does minimal hitstun. Crash shot and metal blades will definitely be a bitch, but he actually DOES have a lot of melee moves: Guts man grab, flame sword, shoryuken, that spark man up-smash looking attack, slash man's slash...so there's definitely options for those who want to play up close with him.

On another note: Less Sonic, more KID CHAMELEON.

Edited by metaphist

Here's the story.

About a week ago, respectable NeoGAF member Sal Romano, who runs a site called Gematsu, received an email from a source claiming that Villager, Mega Man, Wii Fitness Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii would be revealed at E3. Sal did not post this on his site because he wasn't able to verify the information, but he did jokingly post the list a day before SSB4's reveal on NeoGAF as a "prediction" just in case it was correct.

NeoGAF - View Single Post - Sakurai confirms Smash trailer at E3 direct!

Look at the date. It's important to note that the post hasn't been edited at all.

Sal told me that as soon as Wii Fit Trainer was revealed, he ran and posted the list on his site because he knew at that point it couldn't have been a lucky guess from his source.

Wii Fit Trainer joins Super Smash Bros. - Gematsu

I received some additional verification that I'm not going to post, but that's the gist of it all. Sal's legit and his source is credible. It's only a matter of whether Nintendo decided at the last minute to change their E3 plans and hold off on Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Mii.

Source

interesting

Source

interesting

Funny thing was, the instant I saw the three new additions to the cast, my first thought was, "Okay, now add Little Mac and Pac-Man and we'll be good to go." Even told my wife and two of our friends that Little Mac was the most sensible choice out of the remaining "untapped" Nintendo franchises for a new SSBs character yesterday night.

I do hope to see both Pac-Man and Little Mac, although I'm trying to figure out what Pac-Man's moves would look like.

I get a feeling Bayonetta will be in this game.

if there's one thing I hate about smash bros speculation it's when people don't just seem to have any idea

I just wonder if the game will play as fast as Melee... that's where the real pro players are ;)

I'm hoping it's not because melee was dumb

It's about dang time they put Megaman in!!! I just wonder if the game will play as fast as Melee... that's where the real pro players are ;)

Well, I don't know about that. I was at Apex 2013 in January, which is the biggest Smash tournament in the world, and all three Smash games had competitors with an absolutely insane level of play going on. The Brawl matches were incredible.

Well, I don't know about that. I was at Apex 2013 in January, which is the biggest Smash tournament in the world, and all three Smash games had competitors with an absolutely insane level of play going on. The Brawl matches were incredible.

That's very true. I only got to watch the stream, but Grand Finals at Apex 2013 for Brawl were absolutely amazing! It's always nice to see an underdog with an underutilized character upset the (seemingly) cocky champ with his top tier character pick.

why would Namco have a rep in Smash Brothers? Pac-man didn't start on the NES or SNES like Megaman did... oh it's being partially developed by them... well still. maybe that

I highly doubt Puck-Man will be there seeing how the creator is downplaying 3rd party characters and talking about how the 3ds will have the same roster. Maybe we we have a lowered character count? If there has to be a Namco character, I'd like Dig Dug or Mr. Driller.

The actual battle footage looks a bit faster paced than brawl and seeing how tripping is out, I am hoping for Melee speed with tweaks to keep the more annoying (l33t?) moves like wave dashing and such out of gameplay.

Just as long as they go more towards the first one and not the sequel. Zoda's Revenge was...not good.

I just saw this. I think Zoda's Revenge was great, much better than the first. Also it looked and sounded a lot better than the first.

Plus, if he were to be in this, there's things in ZR that could be used for his moveset. Final Smash could easily Ultra Psychic Shock Wave.

why would Namco have a rep in Smash Brothers? Pac-man didn't start on the NES or SNES like Megaman did... oh it's being partially developed by them... well still. maybe that

I highly doubt Puck-Man will be there seeing how the creator is downplaying 3rd party characters and talking about how the 3ds will have the same roster. Maybe we we have a lowered character count? If there has to be a Namco character, I'd like Dig Dug or Mr. Driller.

The actual battle footage looks a bit faster paced than brawl and seeing how tripping is out, I am hoping for Melee speed with tweaks to keep the more annoying (l33t?) moves like wave dashing and such out of gameplay.

The Tekken team is working on Smash Brothers, that's why.

Also Pac-Man crossed over into Mario Kart before.

Nintendo and Namco have worked on arcade tech before as well. The two companies have a pretty good relationship.