Super Smash Bros. 4

The Derrit

Commander Shepard. Both male and female.

Commander_Shepard.png

Gotta be a fan favorite here. Has more than enough for a really decent moveset. Has plenty of popularity for a 3rd party treatment. ME3 was even a launch title, if that matters. The ME universe itself is saturated with items, places, people, etc. that can be dropped into Smash 4.

Who's with me?

Argitoth: Not to burst your bubble but doesn't look like there will be a big story mode like Brawl.

KP9000: EA has pretty much written off the Wii U and Nintendo probably isn't too happy to put something form one of their games in after their withdrawal... so probably not happening. Plus the 3rd party characters they pick usually have some sort of history in gaming:

Snake: A character since NES days (and Kojima & Shigeru are sorta friends)

Sonic: An iconic character since Genesis days, Mascot of Sega, and Nintendo/Mario's biggest rival for a while.

Megaman: An iconic character since NES days, mascot of Capcom

Edited by Crowbar Man

Where is my Simon Belmont??

At Konami. Which is not Nintendo.

I noticed that ever since Megaman's announcement people have moved on to constantly braying and whining for Simon Belmont. Why, it's almost as if even people who like the game are going to complain about it no matter how many third parties make it in. And whichever ones do, they'll be the "wrong" ones.

And for the record, there is a difference between saying "I hope we get Simon Belmont" or "I'm betting Belmont's in the game" as opposed to "Where is my Belmont?" The former two imply hope or expressing a gut feeling. The latter is ungrateful begging.

At Konami. Which is not Nintendo.

I noticed that ever since Megaman's announcement people have moved on to constantly braying and whining for Simon Belmont. Why, it's almost as if even people who like the game are going to complain about it no matter how many third parties make it in. And whichever ones do, they'll be the "wrong" ones.

And for the record, there is a difference between saying "I hope we get Simon Belmont" or "I'm betting Belmont's in the game" as opposed to "Where is my Belmont?" The former two imply hope or expressing a gut feeling. The latter is ungrateful begging.

I've been bragging for Simon Belmont since Brawl and Snake. :lol:

And I'm just joking, not trying to express my feelings or whatever.

Simon seems to be a good choice since most of the CV games were released on Nintendo consoles (from the NES to the Wii) (and I'm the "official" CV nerd here, with Sindra x)). Just hoping to be able to play as a CV character in the next SSB.

This isn't a confirmation that Mewtwo won't be in the game, ya know. There's literally nothing here that says Mewtwo is definitely not in the game.

If anything, Mewtwo's recent prolific nature within media gives him more of a chance to appear. He was in that recent movie, and even though Lucario was the first Mega Evolution in the Kalos legends, Mewtwo has two Mega Evos.

Back when Brawl came out, Mewtwo wasn't really in much of anything. So I strongly believe that he'll return too.

Plus Sakurai has to know that the demand for Mewtwo's return is stronger than Mewtwo himself. That has to count for something.

Y'all should listen to Mirby. Saying Mewtwo is out because his prior replacement is in is even more tenuous than when people were saying Toon Link is out because he was on the spirit tracks stage.

It's nice to get another character announcement, since between Dedede and Diddy Kong would've been nearly 2 months of waiting.

I say all of this as a huge fan of the F-Zero franchise: I'm actually not sure we'll be seeing any F-Zero characters or stages this time. The series hasn't been relevant since the GameCube, and Nintendo was so disinterested that SEGA had to develop that one.

Yeah Nintendo is clearly done with F-Zero. But honestly I'd be really surprised if they entirely cut Captain Falcon from the roster. That would cause some serious disappointment for some, I would think.