Super Smash Bros. 4

The Derrit

Aw Yiss. Robin looks crazy fun with all the spells, and I like the idea that the books and swords break and need to be replaced.

Lucina, however, is definitely just female Marth. The few moves we see look exactly like Marth's moves, and if she was a "new" fighter she would have more focus in the video. She probably either plays the exact same, or is a bit faster/lighter/subtle statistical differences.

Falcon looks pretty rad too. The lack of Lucas/Ice Climbers/Meta-knight/Wario so close to release leaves me a wee bit antsy though.

They look good, but for a game that allegedly is going to cut down the roster they seem to be keen on including a lot more people from a lesser known franchise like Fire Emblem. I'm a little worried that Ness will be cut after seeing Robin.

I've always been more of a competitive melee player, and was very excited to hear about the project M release. I wonder if this newest game will be competitive to a certain degree with L cancelling, wave dashing, etc. or if it will be leaning more towards fun and casual, like regular Brawl (which unfortunately to me feels slow and clunky).

I've always been more of a competitive melee player, and was very excited to hear about the project M release. I wonder if this newest game will be competitive to a certain degree with L cancelling, wave dashing, etc. or if it will be leaning more towards fun and casual, like regular Brawl (which unfortunately to me feels slow and clunky).

As a relatively high-skill Melee and M player myself, I have to say that L-cancelling is essentially a waste of attention -- the game (Melee or P:M, take your pick) would be just as good if the moves that required it just had the shorter amount of recovery time L-cancelling provides by default.

I am definitely hoping for directional air-dodge + wavedash though. Grand dream: fixed item spawn locations, so competitive players will use items.

she's just attractive, ok

it has nothing to do with the hair

Lol. Well, to be fair I don't think there are too many video game or animated women designed to be unattractive. Except for villains, and even then most of the evil women are designed to be hot too.

Regardless, I'm glad they went with Lucina instead of Chrom. In Fire Emblem, Lucina saved my ass more than any other character in any game. Though I guess she was kinda over-powered in some ways. Can't wait to slaughter megaman with her and Robin.

Edited by AngelCityOutlaw

So Lucina is confirmed a Marth clone, but appears to be a more newbie-friendly version (lighter, faster, no sweet spot on the sword, etc). Kind of like how Lucas was a less-technical version of Ness. It's an interesting design philosophy.

Also gonna call it now: Chrom IS a fighter, but an unlockable one, with a moveset similar to Ike, and his final smash is the same as Robin's but in reverse (ie he summons Robin).

So Lucina is confirmed a Marth clone, but appears to be a more newbie-friendly version (lighter, faster, no sweet spot on the sword, etc). Kind of like how Lucas was a less-technical version of Ness. It's an interesting design philosophy.

Also gonna call it now: Chrom IS a fighter, but an unlockable one, with a moveset similar to Ike, and his final smash is the same as Robin's but in reverse (ie he summons Robin).

I wouldn't say that about Lucas -- Magnet Boosting and Zap Jumping were both really nice techniques only available to him, as I recall.

I just arrived at the conversation.. 45 pages! Gee golly o.o

I wasn't surprised to see Mega Man's addition to the game (since fans have been asking for this moment for so long), but I am pumped to see how he plays in-game. His addition into the game makes me wonder what other characters could be joining the fray. *scratches head* I mean, imagine all the possibilities!

All the boss weapons! I never thought of that! Such a great idea. Picking up people - if that wasn't a gift for the battlefield trolls :< I wonder how they can get all those weapons in the control scheme? As for character possibilities, ever since Melee, I've wanted to see Isaac from Golden Sun become playable. I like to picture what Hal Laboratory could do with this attack…

ragnarok_zpsff3524b4.png

It looks more or less [like Brawl] with enhancements.

Brawl did feel like a mostly-baked game to me. The online play was mediocre at best. I'm certain they must've tightened that up. I really just hope they tried to eliminate character tiers. -_-

I'm sure we'll get a subtitle down the road. I mean, it's not like Nintendo to release a game with a title like SUPER SMASH BROS. FOR NINTENDO 3DS.

No doubt, but who needs subtitles anyway? :)

...or titles, for that matter.

smash-halfsize_zps76f650f6.jpg

I don't have great access to videos until my new computer comes in - is the soundtrack going to be 8 hours of every composer in Japan like Brawl had?

That comes off more cynical than I mean for it to.

Brawl did have an impressive soundtrack. When the hype was getting to a fevered pitch that year, I stuck a huge collection of its music on my nano. I even downloaded gameplay clips from Gamespot to watch at work or on the bus. :-P

- more primary colors on Wii U version

COLORS

make our world a lovely place. I can't wait to soak my eyes with the stage art. :)

Edited by Sonatah
'iPod' to 'nano' is more specific and less showy.

Way to respond a post I made over a year ago lol

also you do realize that's not official boxart, right?

:( I'm sorry. I only just got here, and I wanted to jump right in.

I know it's not real boxart...it's my art. I just thought OCR still had a thing for shops. ._. It's been a long time since I've been a part of this community.