Super Smash Bros. 4

The Derrit

So naturally, people are bitching about the fact that apparently Robin can use Nosferatu in this game to recover health like you could in Fire Emblem. I hope they have a good way of balancing this out. Perhaps you could only use it while in range and standing still or maybe it only works for a few seconds? Either way, I foresee much spamming of this move.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/21/robins-new-ability-super-smash-bros-lets-recover-health/

Lucina and Robin were my dream reveal video.

Dreams do come true, Zanquino.

That’s great!!! I really hope they do. Nintendo is definitely listening and both Nintendo and Square Enix know people want this since the first Smash Bros.

People even kind of forced Geno into Brawl (refer to image).

GenoBeamonBowser.jpg

I don’t know how they made it happen; the only mod I’ve used is “Project M”.

Edited by Zanquino E.S.

that's definitely a re-skin of Toon Link

on the other hand, up until now, I had no clue anyone wanted Geno. kinda seems like the kinda character they wouldn't really think to put in Smash.

but I donno

Trust me this has been going on for years; here is one example.

“After Sakurai wrote about his arm injury in Famitsu, many can’t afford to add more reason for him to delay the game even further. Geno appeared solely in Square’s Super Mario RPG for the Super Nintendo and has had a cult following since. Many have been requesting his inclusion in Smash Bros. for years.”

Source Link

I don’t know how reliable the source is but if you Google Smash Bros + Geno you will find a bunch of things like that. Try images too; you will see some really funny things like this for example:

tumblr_mpfrcmESn81rxth6so1_500.png

geno_in_smash_bros_wii_u_by_terminalmontage-d3ianar.png

Edited by Zanquino E.S.

Geno also appeared in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga.

tumblr_l1v3q2qkc51qbj9xwo1_500.jpg

I guess it counts?

;_;

Yes it does my friend; yes it does. There is still hope!!!

If Nintendo and Square were in no talking terms in regards to Geno why would Square allow that appearance? Just to play with our feelings. That's simply cruel.

Edited by Zanquino E.S.

I'd love too, especially since he was a Trophy in Brawl and we got that awesome GS medley in Norfair.

Isaac's one of the few assist trophies from Brawl to not be confirmed to return as an assist trophy, and a lot of people are taking that as a sign that he might be playable.

How many anime swordsmen does one game really need?

As long as they play differently who cares.

I'm actually hoping for a huge increase in the number of stages out of this game more than anything. I'd love to see double or even triple what Brawl had. Just so long as they're not all moving stages....

They should at least have a stage for every series of the characters included, but I would like to see more stages as well

according to what

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/05/25/fire-emblem-awakening-was-almost-the-last-game-in-the-series/

"Due to declining sales of the Fire Emblem series, Nintendo had told the Fire Emblem team that if sales of this latest game didn’t reach 250,000 copies, the series would come to an end."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/strong-fire-emblem-awakening-sales-saved-the-series-cancellation/1100-6408782/

"No doubt. Truth be told, [series] sales are dropping," said Yamagami. "The sales manager of Nintendo, Mr. Hatano, told us that this could be the last Fire Emblem. Due to this progressive descend on sales, they told us that if the sales of this episode stayed below 250,000 copies, we'd stop working on the saga."

Instead of sounding snide, you could have taken seven seconds to run a quick Google search. :?

At any rate, I haven't posted in the thread in awhile, but I'm pretty excited about Smash Brothers even more so after all the recent announcements. Granted I was pretty excited already just having Zero Suit Samus and Shiek as unique characters, but all the new stuff is great nonetheless. It's 3DS or bust!

Edited by Malaki-LEGEND.sys

Marth's and Ike's presence are givens. They're cool characters.

I really like Robin's inclusion. Being able to play both versions of the player character from FE:A is pretty neat. Plus it's really cool to have a non-swordsman Fire Eblem character in Smash Bros, so I like his/her arrival into the scene.

From what I understand, Lucina is a *really* popular character in Japan. Granted, I've only gleaned this from hearsay and rumor so take it for what it is. Sudden realization: Nintendo is including Lucina so that everyone can play with their waifu :<. If Nintendo thinks it makes enough sense to include Lucina for the Japanese market, it wouldn't make sense to NOT include her in the US version. All the animation/art would already be done. The only thing to change would be the language.

As someone who hasn't played FE:A, Lucina seems like a repetition of Marth. Not only does she look exactly like him, the move set is identical aside from her animations and the sword-tip mechanics. Marth's sword does more damage at the tip while Lucina's is evenly spread. I'm really torn here because I like her character design, but I've mained Marth for years and the small differences that we know about Lucina's kit tell me that Marth will be more engaging to play. She feels like another Marth. We already have a Marth! Why do we need another Marth?!? I really love the idea of a badass swordswoman, but her kit just doesn't seem unique enough from Marth to compel me to play her. I, however, reserve my final opinion until after I play her when the game comes out.

But the real question I think we ought to ponder is whether or not Marth will speak Japanese in SSB4 now that he has FE games featuring him in the US. I earnestly hope so, but I doubt he will. Taunting just won't be the same in English. :cry:

FE: Radiant Dawn could've been marketed better. It's an amazing game. The series shouldn't go to waste. All of the appearances in the upcoming Smash games makes me think about what Nintendo has in store. The FEXShinMegamiTensei is coming along well, they say:

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/23828/20140714/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-release.htm

Edited by megadave

Marth's and Ike's presence are givens. They're cool characters.

I really like Robin's inclusion. Being able to play both versions of the player character from FE:A is pretty neat. Plus it's really cool to have a non-swordsman Fire Eblem character in Smash Bros, so I like his/her arrival into the scene.

From what I understand, Lucina is a *really* popular character in Japan. Granted, I've only gleaned this from hearsay and rumor so take it for what it is. Sudden realization: Nintendo is including Lucina so that everyone can play with their waifu :<. If Nintendo thinks it makes enough sense to include Lucina for the Japanese market, it wouldn't make sense to NOT include her in the US version. All the animation/art would already be done. The only thing to change would be the language.

As someone who hasn't played FE:A, Lucina seems like a repetition of Marth. Not only does she look exactly like him, the move set is identical aside from her animations and the sword-tip mechanics. Marth's sword does more damage at the tip while Lucina's is evenly spread. I'm really torn here because I like her character design, but I've mained Marth for years and the small differences that we know about Lucina's kit tell me that Marth will be more engaging to play. She feels like another Marth. We already have a Marth! Why do we need another Marth?!? I really love the idea of a badass swordswoman, but her kit just doesn't seem unique enough from Marth to compel me to play her. I, however, reserve my final opinion until after I play her when the game comes out.

But the real question I think we ought to ponder is whether or not Marth will speak Japanese in SSB4 now that he has FE games featuring him in the US. I earnestly hope so, but I doubt he will. Taunting just won't be the same in English. :cry:

Well spoilers ahead but her first appearance in Awakening has her masked and introducing herself as Marth so that's why she's a lot like Marth