Super Smash Bros. 4

The Derrit

nobody going to comment on the short clip of Shulk only in underwear, or is that just normal behavior?

I've heard that its an in-joke about how you can take all of the characters armor off in xenoblade and have them do stuff in just shorts.

screen-8.jpg

...or something

Anyways I get the feeling that no-shirt Shulk is going to become the new troll character along the lines of pink falcon.

The starting roster appears to have been leaked: SPOILERS (or not) LINK

^Everyone (except Lucina) is here. But remember Snake and Sonic were announced and were secret characters to unlock. It looks realistic.

----

SPOILERS. Ganondorf is confirmed (he appears in a short Japanese video) -- when the video focuses on Pikachu, Ganondorf is off screen but a little arrow shows him.

Dr. Mario and Dark Pit is disappointing.. At least with clones like Wolf (who wasn't that great either) or Lucas they ARE different characters. Hopefully the movesets will be radically different but it would have been cool to do something like Paper Mario if they really felt like Mario was unrepresented in Brawl. Or Bleck.

I’m a super Star Fox 64 fan; when I saw Wolf was one of the secret characters I got super exited but when I saw his final smash I was like “Come on guys seriously…..”.

Sooooooo no Metroid characters outside of Samus then, still? How sad. :( It's like they don't even want to acknowledge Prime 3 (RUNDAS RUNDAS RUNDAS RUNDAS) or something.

There has never been more than Samus representing Metroid. She's the only character from that series to pop up as a playable character in any of the games.

Since there hasn't been a new Metroid for a handheld in a while it makes sense there would not be a new stage. There's 24 new stages and 10 returning ones. Star Fox and Donkey Kong also don't get new stages, but Pokemon gets two. I personally think it's neater that a lot of 3DS games got stages even without character representation.

That said, it looks like Earthbound possibly got itself a new stage. People think it's Magicant.

There has never been more than Samus representing Metroid. She's the only character from that series to pop up as a playable character in any of the games.

Well yeah, I know that. It's just that, since then, we've had characters introduced in the series that could've made good playables, even if you act like Prime Hunters didn't exist. Rundas, Ghor, and Gandrayda would all be cool characters. Hell, Dark Samus would be too, or Fusion Suit Samus, or even freaking U-Mos (giant alien bug? yes please). Metroid doesn't have a lack of cool characters.

Starfox is a goddamn rail shooter and they managed to get multiple characters from that game in there. Metroid is action-oriented and yet we just get Samus? What is up with that?