Mario Kart 8

Crowbar Man

I can't look down at the map and then back up at the screen; I'll run into a wall. Should've put the dang map on the screen.

Aaaand we've just become part of a social experiment conducted by Nintendo to hammer home the dangers of texting and driving.

• 5 weeks later...

Go to online mode (1 or 2 players both work), tournaments, search by code, enter this: 0268-4142-9420

The thing wildfire said about joining friends is important. You can do that to start with if you're friends with any of us, but it also lists people you've recently raced. If at any point you need to leave and come back, rejoin through the friends page. If you try to rejoin through the tournament page, you'll likely create a very lonely second room. I think the game interprets your leaving as an indication that you don't want to be with that group of people.

You can join anytime from 9PM to 10PM central, but it's best to join at the top of the hour for accurate rankings.

Edited by Hylian Lemon

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/mario-kart-8-update-map-on-the-tv-screen-save-kart-combinations-mercedes-be

New update! Adds the map to the main screen, enables DLC, can save your most recently used kart combination, and makes 'next race' the default option instead of 'view highlight reel'. Update is scheduled for August 27th.

Also adds a records screen where you can see your coin total!

Basically solves every complaint I have about the game aside from battle mode. And the fact that people are allowed to hit me with triple red shells.

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/mario-kart-8-update-map-on-the-tv-screen-save-kart-combinations-mercedes-be

New update! Adds the map to the main screen, enables DLC, can save your most recently used kart combination, and makes 'next race' the default option instead of 'view highlight reel'. Update is scheduled for August 27th.

Thank. GOD.

I'm looking forward to the update though I am on the fence about the DLC. It is free, so I won't complain too much. I just hope Nintendo doesn't start selling out too much. They're one of the last "pure" gaming companies in my book, but I suppose evolution is necessary to survive in today's market, and for hell, it's free.

Anyway, I hope 8 gets something alike the altered tracks and tournaments that MK Wii had. I think MK8 has some serious legs and that this update is probably just the tip of the iceberg if you catch my drift.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so, new DLC pack announced in UK for 7 pounds (I'm guessing rougly $10 when it comes stateside?) in November.

3 New Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Suit Peach, and Link. yes, Link.

4 new kart styoles.

8 new tracks (2 new cups!!)

It is dubbed: "Legend of Zelda X Mario Kart 8", and has some Zelda themed courses.

10991121-4-1.jpg

In May of 2015, another DLC pack is going to come out:

"Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8"

3 New Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser

4 New Karts

8 New tracks (2 more cups???)

if you buy BOTH packs:

8 different colors for Shy Guys

8 different colors for Yoshi

No confirmed date/price for US for either

Holy Crap! Hype for MK8 all over again!

Edited by Crowbar Man