Mario Kart 8

Crowbar Man

http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=41925

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

US pricing confirmed!

Pack 1: The Legend of Zelda X Mario Kart 8 (Release Date: November 2014) - $7.99

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link

4 Vehicles

8 Courses

Pack 2: Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8 (Release Date: May 2015) - $7.99

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser

4 Vehicles

8 Courses

Pack 1 + Pack 2 Bundle - $11.99

6 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link, Villager, Isabelle and Dry Bowser

8 Vehicles

16 Courses

As a bonus for purchasing both packs bundled or individually, buyers receive eight new colors for Yoshi and Shy Guy. Those who advance purchase both packs can begin using the Yoshi and Shy Guy characters immediately.

Only $12 for all this content? This is DLC done right!

Edited by Crowbar Man

To me it feels like stuff that should have been included in the base game, but I guess it's not TOO expensive. I hope the courses are good. :-)

Link and Animal Crossing characters/courses should've been included in the base game? Nah. We got exactly as much as one could expect from a Mario Kart game when it launched.

Preordered the shit out of that DLC. Can't wait for new tracks.

By the way, if you're as confused as I was about the map update, to get the onscreen map you have to press (-) on the gamepad. It works even if the gamepad isn't currently the active controller. Pro controller won't do it.

I was playing Injustice on PS3 the other day and each individual new character is 5 bucks a pop. I mean hell, with MK8 you're getting four tracks, three characters and four cars for 8 bucks, or twice that for 12 bucks? And none of this was day one DLC like so many other publishers are doing. I think the asking price for such an amount of content is very fair.

Who the hell cares what people will pick to race as? It's all in how well you play, anyways. But all that DLC for so cheap? That's not bad. Good guy Nintendo, I say.

I never understood the snobbery towards DLC, truthfully. I understand that if one pays for a game you expect it to be a whole product. But for everything that you get in some DLC packs, I'd say the content justifies the price most times. Unless you're a console Minecrafter...then you get a bit screwed.

And Link as a racer...hm. Not sure how I feel about that one, but it does garner a chuckle outta me. Wonder if it's fueled by crushed up fairies or if it runs off the energy of the triforce? XD

Who the hell cares what people will pick to race as?

tanooki scrubs plz gtfo pgpeach mlg pure carters only

Anyways, those 6 characters look sweet, but what I'm really excited for is the 16 extra tracks. I don't know how many tracks there were to start with in 8, but that's about a quarter of all the tracks in the wii version.

Just another thing to look forward to when I actually get the game I guess

tanooki scrubs plz gtfo pgpeach mlg pure carters only

Anyways, those 6 characters look sweet, but what I'm really excited for is the 16 extra tracks. I don't know how many tracks there were to start with in 8, but that's about a quarter of all the tracks in the wii version.

Just another thing to look forward to when I actually get the game I guess

Since the DS, every Mario Kart has had 32 tracks each (8 cups). The DLC is an extra 50%. Whooooo

I never understood the snobbery towards DLC, truthfully. I understand that if one pays for a game you expect it to be a whole product.

The problem with DLC is that often the creators just sell the game unfinished and then sell the rest in DLC so the players have to pay more. I've never been a huge fan of DLC anyway but that's the main reason I have a severe problem with it.

On the other hand, Nintendo successfully made this seem more like an add-on and true DLC rather than "the rest of the game." Other than a few mistakes I found in the game (that they fixed in an update, including adding a mini-map to the screen), the game felt finished... other than the battle mode. Battle mode was completely unfinished. Haha.