Mario Kart 8

Crowbar Man

I should also remind everyone that if you want to change characters or karts during a tournament, please rejoin through the friends page instead of the tournaments page to make sure you don't create a separate room. Especially you, Dave.

So that's what happened. Sorry about that one. I got it.

Just chiming in here cause I wasn't sure from the OP and the last couple of posts, but if I'm reading this correctly, you all do weekly Mario Kart 8 tournaments that start at 10pm EST on Wednesdays and are an hour long?

I ask because I want to take advantage of Best Buy's current Buy One Get One 40% Off deal with Wii U games after work today, and there's a high chance one of those games will be MK8.

I ask because I want to take advantage of Best Buy's current Buy One Get One 40% Off deal with Wii U games after work today, and there's a high chance one of those games will be MK8.

If you don't make one of them MK8, you have failed. It's easily the best iteration of the series post-DLC, and was a strong contender beforehand.

Just chiming in here cause I wasn't sure from the OP and the last couple of posts, but if I'm reading this correctly, you all do weekly Mario Kart 8 tournaments that start at 10pm EST on Wednesdays and are an hour long?

That's right. The information in the first post is still accurate except that the tournament is only active on Wednesdays now.

It's currently set to include all cups, which means you can only join if you have the DLC. I can set it back to only original cups every once in a while if people want, but I do recommend getting the DLC.

• 1 month later...

We can definitely get back into it now that the holiday season is over. It's still set up the same way.

I just finished my somewhat semi-annual Mario Kart marathon, during which I picked new favorite characters based on first appearances, last appearances, general interestingness, and reasonable stats.

Super: Toad

64: Wario

Super Circuit: Peach

Double Dash: Toadette/Bowser Jr.

DS: Waluigi

Wii: Birdo

7: Wiggler

8: Roy 5ever

Pink/purple in 6 out of 8 games. This pleases me.

• 2 months later...

So, who's ready to wear out the grass with some 200cc Animal Crossing? We have less than 3 weeks to go!

The higher speed seems to have opened up different opportunities for shortcuts. It's going to take some practice, that's for sure. I'm pumped that we're getting a free update that gives us good reason to revisit old tracks.

We'll definitely set up a time to warm up on 150cc and then move on to 200cc another day.

wait, wait, wait

does the newest DLC include a new speed class? Whaaaat?

Check out that glide distance on Dolphin Shoals.

The update comes out on the 23rd, a Thursday. Would that be a good day for people to meet up for 150cc DLC? We usually race at 9PM Central.

(if not, give us an idea which days you might be available shortly after that)

Edited by Hylian Lemon

• 2 weeks later...

Maverickk, wildfire, and I are able to play on Saturday night (the 25th) if that's a better date for you, Arrow.

Currently revisiting time trials and watching some world record ghosts. I think all that hopping would make me go insane. Kind of reminds me of snaking on the DS. I'm just glad it's not done as much during actual races.

We coordinate through a facebook group chat. If anyone wants in on it, find me on facebook (or if you're friends with someone in this thread, you can also ask them) and we'll get you added to the conversation!

I'll still post information about meetups here, but it's easier to work out everyone's availability through facebook.