Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Jamphibious

[10:01:14 PM] Bleck: playing animal crossing

[10:01:18 PM] Bleck: talk to a villager

[10:01:27 PM] Bleck: I DON'T WANT TO BE PRESUMPTUOUS BUT I THINK YOU COULD USE THIS METAL GUITAR

[10:01:32 PM] Bleck: o-oh thank you

they know you! at lest they didn't give me photoshop or a camera.

I don't know about this one, but the complaint system in the Wii version was to reset their catchphrase or outfit in case someone from online changed them to something inappropriate (such as making them say "lolfuk"). It can also wipe their letter history if someone wrote them an inappropriate letter that they might show off to others. I would assume it functions the same in New Leaf. Part of the charm of the game is having many possible villagers come and go. If we could just get rid of any villager we don't like on a whim it would take that aspect away from the game. It would be nice I suppose, but I don't think its possible.

*EDIT - However if you do hit them and stuff they are more inclined to leave than your other villagers, at least. It could still take time.

Not the poor frogies :'(

My villagers are mostly cool, but I miss Tangy. I've had her in most of my past villages and she was da best. On the plus side I had Erik from day one (he's a new deer for those who don't know) and he is super rad.

If I could send Tangy your way I would but right now she's chillin' in my town.

http://acnewleaf.com/2013/06/18/get-best-buy-dlc-items-on-your-own-home-wi-fi-using-this-trick/ - For those of you in the US with no Best Buy nearby who want the Raccoon Clock. It basically boils down to "change your home wifi network's SSID to 'Bestbuy'"

I'm gonna try this today I think. Apparently it doesn't work in the UK, but hopefully here in Canada it does.

My store is updated today, hooray! I hope I can finally buy a gosh darn slingshot, they always have tools I don't need.

First-time Animal Crosser. Bought it on a whim. It has sucked me in. Help

I finally broke down and bought a 3DS because when this game came out, everyone was atwitter on my twitter. EVERYONE was talking about it, and I was like "what is this game?!" I barely got it but every time I open it up, it's late and everything is closed :lmassoff:

Old stuff from TvTrope but it made me smile:

You wake up one day in a mysterious house. You're the only normal person in town. The others seem to come and go at random. The whole place is shut off from the outside world except for a well-guarded exit controlled by the town and a shoreline that has, at most, one active boat, and is the site of odd things, or half-dead people, constantly washing up onto the beach. Both of these routes only take you to another near-identical village, and even then you inevitably return to your home town anyway. The nominal leader is rarely if ever seen and does nothing at all, but the "second" most powerful figure controls absolutely everything, and yet only ever seems to do any business with you, nobody else. The only buildings are oddly decorated houses, a single clothing store, a single other store that sells everything else, a town hall, which does everything, and a museum, which also revolves entirely around you for no apparent reason. There is only one source of news for the town, and it only ever covers local things. Very local things. And personal ads. Violations of the rules are enforced by an unstoppable entity who will attack you at the drop of a hat when summoned. Incredibly often, the whole town breaks out into a random bizarre celebration. And the most popular fashion accessory? Bizarre parasols.

What am I describing: Animal Crossing, or The Prisoner?