Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Jamphibious

I got.. town.. I got.. oranges.

I'm sharing a town with two other people, so I can't be mayor apparently. Is there any way to move out and use the same character on a different 3DS when I get my own? Probably not but... oranges are delicious.

I don't think you can migrate a character you've already started to become mayor of a new town. But you COULD start a new one on your own 3DS, then play with your old character and give your new mayor all the furniture and fruit you've amassed.

I don't think you can migrate a character you've already started to become mayor of a new town. But you COULD start a new one on your own 3DS, then play with your old character and give your new mayor all the furniture and fruit you've amassed.

I like the way you think. I'll design this character to amass riches and get a nice head start on my future town.

My favorite villager is Diana. She's got a really cool home! All our other villagers seem to be from the original AC, weirdly, but I still haven't seen Cousteau since AC Gamecube! Some day, Cousteau... :[

Most of my patterns are pretty simple (the brick paths are basically just lightly shaded rectangles), but I've got a gravestone and the black OCR shirt posted a couple pages back. I'm going to put together a small graveyard with dead trees and pitfalls. SO YEAH HAVE A GRAVESTONE

QRGrave_zpsc63b2d1b.jpg

On that note, I was visiting a dream town the other day:

Patterno_zps55b2d1d5.jpg

Actually, looking at this again, those path patterns are really cleverly designed. The corners of the basic pattern are all white triangles; depending on the placement, these triangles will either form a diamond together or connect two perpendicular edge pieces. Cool.

Anyway, I'm always accidentally erasing parts of my paths, so it could get annoying for them not to be in my pockets all the time. I use three brick patterns to keep things interesting without needing edge pieces.

Edited by Hylian Lemon

Dude, what is with the fish in this game? My brother, sis, and I are pulling in 40,000+ per haul! It seems like Red Snappers, Knifejaws, even sharks come easy. Is New Leaf just way more lenient than City Folk, Wild World, and the original? Because I've never seen the bells roll in this quickly.

Pudding is rich.

If you catch beetles on the Island at night its probably the fastest way to make cash. I can usually make over 200,000 bells with one full item box. It is a lot more lenient with cash, but as mayor there are a TON of things you can spend bells on now, in addition to the fact that you can get 5 extra rooms in your house and expand each one numerous times. I think it was their way of making all that stuff not take years to do. I think paying off the full house with all upgrades ends up costing over 7 million bells when you total it all.

If you catch beetles on the Island at night its probably the fastest way to make cash. I can usually make over 200,000 bells with one full item box. It is a lot more lenient with cash, but as mayor there are a TON of things you can spend bells on now, in addition to the fact that you can get 5 extra rooms in your house and expand each one numerous times. I think it was their way of making all that stuff not take years to do. I think paying off the full house with all upgrades ends up costing over 7 million bells when you total it all.

the expensive beetles are mainly on palm tree. you can end up with 400 000k easily in one trip.

I have a story to tell.

My town is actually one day ahead of the actual date due to a mistake in setting my 3DS clock. I never bothered to fix it, but that meant yesterday was my last day for turnips.

I purchased 500,000 worth of turnips. I bought fairly high, at 106, so I wanted to make a good profit. Wednesday (my Thursday) rolled around and it was 155. I thought it was good but I had hoped for something a little higher on Friday, so I waited.

Friday came. Prices were 47.

Uh oh.

I begin to panic but hold fast. Maybe Saturday will reveal a final clutch price close to what I paid and I'll at least walk away having lost nothing.

Saturday comes. Price is 34. ACK.

Full panic mode. I message my friends and fortunately one friend has a turnip price of 147. I whisk on over to her town, sell my huge turnip stock for a tidy profit, and head on home, relived.

Moral of the story: If you are gonna make like 50% profit on turnips do not turn it down, ya greedy bastard.

You say that, but if the stars align and you buy 7000 turnips for 100 and sell for 350, you would change your tune.

Also beetle hunting on the island is boring.

So is waiting for your day to roll over.

Also max amount of turnips you can store is 10 x 12 --> x6 pages per storage letter --> x3 storage letters +160 for regular inventory space for a maximum amount of 2320. Dunno if you can just throw them on the ground, if you can, you still have a gross looking town/or house that you have to put up with for a shitload of time.

Then you have to cart them 160 at a time to the shop. That is more trouble than it is worth.

Edited by Brushfire

• 2 weeks later...