Can you help me with some "must have" VST?

Hi everyone, im new arround here. I study sound engineering and I have been making my own video games covers for a long time, but now i want to begin making some remixes to send to OCremix, because they don't accept covers xD...

I work in cubase 5, and have some very good vst: Spectrasonics Trilian, Spectrasonics Omnisphere, East West symphonic orchestra gold, EzDrummer and some more.

Now i'm trying to learn how to use FL Studio to create some trance, techno, and others styles remixes.

What "must have" VST do you recommend? I'm looking for quality sounds over quantity, so please help me :D..

Thx!

ps: English is not my native lenguage xD, i hope i made myself clear.

Hi everyone, im new arround here. I study sound engineering and I have been making my own video games covers for a long time, but now i want to begin making some remixes to send to OCremix, because they don't accept covers xD...

I work in cubase 5, and have some very good vst: Spectrasonics Trilian, Spectrasonics Omnisphere, East West symphonic orchestra gold, EzDrummer and some more.

Now i'm trying to learn how to use FL Studio to create some trance, techno, and others styles remixes.

What "must have" VST do you recommend? I'm looking for quality sounds over quantity, so please help me :D..

Thx!

ps: English is not my native lenguage xD, i hope i made myself clear.

Sylenth1, Massive, FM8 (I think that's what it's called), and Nexus 2 are all very popular and sound good.

Yeah, you have some good stuff to start out with already--I would take a look at Komplete from Native-Instruments.

Also, Cubase vs FLStudio--doesn't make a fucking difference if all your making is dance music.

With that said, there are lots of reasons I would recommend Cubase OVER FLStudio--for general production purposes and for video game music.

I'm gonna repeat a few things:

FL and Cubase can both do electronic music, just like they can both make music with your orchestral libraries or record guitars and stuff. Your DAW - the music program - doesn't define what genre and sound you can make.

Kontakt. The library that comes with it is decent, but you're buying it so you can use it with the many great libraries for it. It's a power sampler, and there's lots of libraries that use it very well. If you buy Komplete, you get Kontakt but also lots of powerful synths, libraries and a few other neat things. It's quantity over quality, but there's plenty of quality in there as well.

Beyond that, figure out what you want to do. What genre, what sound, what style. Once you know that, and know how close you can get with the instruments you have, then you can start thinking about expanding to new, big, expensive tools.

Some of my favorites are Native Instruments' FM8, and Modartt's Pianoteq.

Edited by Rozovian