Quick Question on Reselling Music Software

Howdy. I've had quite the shit week last week. Main computer blew up, pet died for no reason, birthday present that was the only thing decent of the day since my wife's dad died on that day burned up, and then a ***damn tree fell on the house with the insurance company leaving me to pay out of pocket.

In this context, I am temporarily even less competent and coherently thinking than usual and one of my probably useless ideas to recover some of the money I've lost is to try to re-sell some of my music software. This would include Komplete 6, T-racks 3, and maybe rcg:audio's Z3ta+ (before Cakewalk took it over).

As I'm without my main computer, internet access isn't great for me, and I don't have the availability to look up all the feasibility of trying to sell that stuff on Amazon or Ebay or such. If anyone with experience in this can help me, awesome, if its as dumb an idea as I think it is, do not hesitate to state such.

Thank you. Sorry for the dumb topic.

Howdy. I've had quite the shit week last week. Main computer blew up, pet died for no reason, birthday present that was the only thing decent of the day since my wife's dad died on that day burned up, and then a ***damn tree fell on the house with the insurance company leaving me to pay out of pocket.

In this context, I am temporarily even less competent and coherently thinking than usual and one of my probably useless ideas to recover some of the money I've lost is to try to re-sell some of my music software. This would include Komplete 6, T-racks 3, and maybe rcg:audio's Z3ta+ (before Cakewalk took it over).

As I'm without my main computer, internet access isn't great for me, and I don't have the availability to look up all the feasibility of trying to sell that stuff on Amazon or Ebay or such. If anyone with experience in this can help me, awesome, if its as dumb an idea as I think it is, do not hesitate to state such.

Thank you. Sorry for the dumb topic.

For EWQL composer's collection, I got kind of effed. I bought it secondhand, and even though I asked the person if I could transfer licenses and he said yes, when I emailed EWQL about upgrading they said, "Yeah, you're using that illegally. Our End User License Agreement says NO TRANSFERS."

So it's program dependent. That doesn't mean, however, that someone won't buy it, because they probably will.

Well I wouldn't be selling EWQL, I'm only interested in selling those three. I know Komplete 6 is outdated, but you'd be surprised what some people want.

And I know its program dependent, but my internet access right now is limited and I don't have the availability to look up what all I need to do there. After I get done at work here today, I won't have OCR until Wednesday.

Yes, I'm sort of asking people to do my work for me in this regard. I don't feel good about it, but I'm in a small bind at the moment and thats what this help thread is for, I should hope.

It's best to check with each manufacturers website to see if they allow license transferring. Some do and some don't. Some of the ones that do require a specific procedure which usually entails filling out a form or two. I've re-sold a number of VSTs and DAWs in the past without any problems but there are some things I'm just doomed to keep even though I never use them.

Native Instruments - Yes you can but you have to contact them here: http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/contact-support/registration-support/

IK Multimedia - Yes you can but you have to pay $19.99 per plugin.

Edited by theshaggyfreak

It is Wednesday and I have brief OCR access again.

First, a gripe:

As I'm without my main computer, internet access isn't great for me, and I don't have the availability to look up all the feasibility of trying to sell that stuff on Amazon or Ebay or such.
So it's program dependent.

And I know its program dependent, but my internet access right now is limited and I don't have the availability to look up what all I need to do there.

It's best to check with each manufacturers website to see if they allow license transferring.

**sus. I don't mean to come off angry, rude or ungrateful, but it's pretty frustrating to see people talking to you without actually reading or listening to what you're saying and still leaving you with nothing useful. I don't HAVE the availability to check each manufacturer right now, otherwise I would. I barely have access to OCR and my other stuff right now.

I know you can sell the NI stuff, you cannot resell cakewalk products, so I am not sure how that will work out with Z3TA

Now see, THIS is useful. This is the kind of information I was needing help with. z3ta's no loss, I got that for $50 and I'm sure I couldn't sell it for that much now.

Can I still resell Komplete 6 with a transfer license whatever to someone? What about T-racks?

It took me less time to google this than it would have for me to bitch at people who were trying to help you.

KOMPLETE 6 from the NI Forum

1) You can sell your Komplete 6 product as a whole. You can not sell the individual pieces of it since it is all under the same master Komplete 6 serial number

2) You can not sell it if you used your ownership of Komplete 6 to buy an update version of Komplete 7

3) If the your Komplete 6 was an update or upgrade version (i.e. you used your ownership of another NI product to qualify for the reduced-price update/upgrade) then that product must also be included in your sale

4) To transfer the license you need to contact NI Registration support and have them remove/delete your Komplete 6 license from the NI Registration database. The new owner will not be able to register/authorize the software until the Serial Number is removed from your NI account.

5) There are no product transfer fees.

From T-RACKS Website

In order to transfer an IK Multimedia software license to another person, the current rights owner must purchase a "License Transfer Credit" in IK Multimedia's online store.

If you already have one, please go to the User Area > My Products > (product name) > License Transfer. Paste your License Transfer Credit number in the proper empty field, and click Transfer.

If you do not have one yet, please purchase a "License Transfer Credit" in the IK Multimedia's online store. Only OEM versions and versions bundled with third-party products can be transferred free of charge and without a "License Transfer Credit". After the license transfer has been completed, the previous rights owner is not allowed to retain any copy of the media.

Please contact IK Multimedia Support if the product you wish to transfer is not listed in your account or if you are having troubles on transferring your license.

Edited by XPRTNovice

2) You can not sell it if you used your ownership of Komplete 6 to buy an update version of Komplete 7

Actually, that part is slightly inaccurate. If you have upgraded off of Komplete 6, they will let you sell your komplete 6 license, but your upgrade license becomes invalid. It really doesn't make a lot of sense, but they will let you do it.