MAGFest 12 - Post-MAGFest Depression hits again

Arrow

Once again, my being there is going to depend on my finances and whether or not I can schedule the time off.

This is me as well. As long as I don't have to play in any stupid bowl games I'm in.

I'll be rooming with my crew from Oklahoma, unless they don't come in which case I'll be sleeping on ectogemia

MAG capped at 3000 during the 6-9 days because that was the maximum attendance the Alexandria Mark Hilton could hold, and we hit that cap during MAG 9. Since moving to the Gaylord, there's been no cap that I know of, mostly because there's no earthly way we could ever fill that place to max capacity. The larger individual meeting rooms there have caps of 10000, so all of MAGFest would have to go to something to cap that one room.

You do have to worry about running out of rooms on the MAG rate, but there's also a lot of smaller hotels in walking distance if worse comes to worse.

Edited by Arrow

MAG capped at 3000 during the 6-9 days because that was the maximum attendance the Alexandria Mark Hilton could hold, and we hit that cap during MAG 9. Since moving to the Gaylord, there's been no cap that I know of, mostly because there's no earthly way we could ever fill that place to max capacity. The larger individual meeting rooms there have caps of 10000, so all of MAGFest would have to go to something to cap that one room.

You do have to worry about running out of rooms on the MAG rate, but there's also a lot of smaller hotels in walking distance if worse comes to worse.

I was GOING to hop in this thread and answer questions, but you people already know everything about the event, so now I'm completely useless.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you REALLY want something official, here's a little info about our badge tiers this year.

People have been begging for ways to give us more money, so we implemented the "kick in extra" feature to help people do that. No longer is "supporter" your only option for donating to the organization and getting yourself some extra swag. You can kick in with smaller increments than before, and every tier includes all the bonuses of every tier below it.

The new big feature that we're trying out is a replacement for the super supporter pass, and we call it the Season Supporter. If you kick in to the supporter level, you get admission to all MAGFest events for 2014. This includes M12, bit gen, game over concerts, and magstock. As a special bonus for the debut year of the pass, you'll also get admission to 2013 MAGFest events as well.

If you guys do your group reg to save 10 bucks, you also have the option of allowing individual group members to kick in to upgrade their badge.

Also I should mention that I have a reservation for a suite for OCR currently. It will be a nice central hangout area for lots of people, although I wouldn't recommend staging valuable gear unchecked. I'll lay down some rules for the suite when it comes closer to time (just reasonable rules to minimize issues).

If anyone wants to sleep in there, you'd be more than welcome for a measely $40 for all 3 nights - be prepared with a sleeping bag or whatever if you're interested in that arrangement. I also can't guarantee the best of sleep since it will be a boisterous time in there until late (just my guess), so take that into consideration if you're interested. Wednesday night is also available if anyone wants to stay then too, or as a layover until their actual roommate comes in the next day.

I would also really appreciate it if anyone donates towards this suite effort in appreciation for having it - I'll just say that it is not cheap.

Basically I'm adopting a "the more the merrier" philosophy; I'm rooming with ectogemia, jehm_faulking, Xarnax42, and Amphibious (I assume, that was our room last year and I know at least two of them are in) for sure, with the possible therex, Theory of N, DaMonz, Jehm's cousin, Shadix... really anyone who wants a cheap room, because the hotel staff don't really check hotel rooms, and if they do they just assume that drunk people crashed together after a party (which is pretty damn accurate)

So I guess long story short, if you need a room and want to room with some of the coolest fellas around, shoot me a PM and we can probably work something out. As I mentioned before, the more the merrier (cheaper)!!

Edited by Phonetic Hero

Basically I'm adopting a "the more the merrier" philosophy; I'm rooming with ectogemia, jehm_faulking, Xarnax42, and Amphibious (I assume, that was our room last year and I know at least two of them are in) for sure, with the possible therex, Theory of N, DaMonz, Jehm's cousin, Shadix... really anyone who wants a cheap room, because the hotel staff don't really check hotel rooms, and if they do they just assume that drunk people crashed together after a party (which is pretty damn accurate)

So I guess long story short, if you need a room and want to room with some of the coolest fellas around, shoot me a PM and we can probably work something out. As I mentioned before, the more the merrier (cheaper)!!

You should charge an entry fee and let drunk people crash on the floor after parties. Make a business out of it. Charge by the hour.

Come one come all, we will read fanfiction into the night.

I officially preregistered yesterday so I have elevated from 95% to 100% going.

:) :) :)