MAGFest 12 - Post-MAGFest Depression hits again

Arrow

• 1 month later...
So, uh... does anyone know if the Gaylord charges anything to your credit card when you reserve a room through MAGFest's site?

I'm asking for a friend. Yeah, that's it...

They did not charge me for my room when I reserved it.

Any plans for an OCR group to get the discounted badges like last year?

..this year.

I'm up for doing another group buy - got 1-2 others interested so far.

So, uh... does anyone know if the Gaylord charges anything to your credit card when you reserve a room through MAGFest's site?

I'm asking for a friend. Yeah, that's it...

They bettah not, ain't cain't nobody be leavin' $1,000 in their debit just in case... also AIN'T CAIN'T NOBODY be puttin $1,000 on a credit card. Phillip has spoken.

I'll be there, but have no current plan for rooming.

I'll have space but I usually get one king size bed

• 2 weeks later...

So for those who were waiting to book your hotel room...the MAGFest rate rooms are all currently booked. Rooms are now available for $280/night 8-O

I'd like to remind people that you're more than welcome to stay in the suite for $50 a night, but I can't guarantee that you'll get good sleep!

Edited by Bahamut

Ok, so I did a bit of investigation, and apparently there are discounted rooms for Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, but not Thursday for some stupid reason ($150/night not including tax/fees - resort fee = ~$50 per reservation).

Just things to keep in mind.

I'm also willing to organize a group badge buy, so get in contact with me if you're interested. I'll be mobilizing on getting that done in October so that it remains $30 per person.

WHO IS ORGANIZING THE OCR BLOCK I NEED TO GET A ROOM BEFORE THEY DISAPPEAR AGAIN!pooop

I'm in for the group buy. I live locally, so I'll probably just commute, as much as that kills the evenings sorta...Hopefully I'll be able to stick around more this year than 2 hours on a Saturday.

Dude, just crash in someone's room if you don't want to "kill the evenings". Mine will probably have like a billion people in it anyway, the more the merrier

Edited by Phonetic Hero

WHO IS ORGANIZING THE OCR BLOCK I NEED TO GET A ROOM BEFORE THEY DISAPPEAR AGAIN!pooop

Dude, just crash in someone's room if you don't want to "kill the evenings". Mine will probably have like a billion people in it anyway, the more the merrier

Eh I might, but unlike all you youngins, I got a wife and kid and maybe not a kitchen pass to go slumming with rando (albeit cool) people at a hotel :tomatoface:

After several years of being asked why I wasn't staying in the OCR block, I decided to show some initiative and make things right. And so I announce: I have reserved a new room and put in an OCR block request. Who wants to join me! :nicework:

Check in 2 Jan, check out 5 Jan. Let me know soonest if these dates need to change. Rate is $135 a night plus confiscatory taxes for $170 actual, which will be divided how ever many ways you like. Four people would each pay $42.50 nightly or $127.50 for the whole event. I accept cash at the hotel or payment in advance, but please do confirm and keep in touch so I know if I need to find more folks to fill the void.

As for music: I plan to bring my guitar and my Game Boy.

Contact me on the forum, in email (andrew.m.goth@gmail.com), or on Facebook (http://facebook.com/andygoth).

For current status, see >> here <<.

Edited by Unununium