MAGFest 12 - Post-MAGFest Depression hits again

Arrow

Man, I hope to spend more than 3 hours there this year. But commuting from 20 minutes away makes it hard to get crazy, and since it's kind of my first time at a con like that...what do you guys DO all day there? Just chill at panels and play games and stuff?

I watch concerts, hang out in the OCR room block, and there's just a lot of hanging out with friends in general. I do spend a bit of time in the arcade playing some of my old favorites too.

Man, I hope to spend more than 3 hours there this year. But commuting from 20 minutes away makes it hard to get crazy, and since it's kind of my first time at a con like that...what do you guys DO all day there? Just chill at panels and play games and stuff?

People kind of mill about, see panels, play games, buy merch, etc. The OCR group itself is so big that there are constantly shifting mini-groups all weekend, since getting food with 40 people in an area that is already packed with 10k visitors is ridonk. Often I am tied up with staff panel and OCU obligations too, which is balls, but I DO IT FOR YOU GUYS. <3

I am personally going to try to organize an OCR pool party this year, but I need the schedule available before I can pin down a day and time. I need to get my blue visor and hawaiian shirt first though... >_>

People kind of mill about, see panels, play games, buy merch, etc. The OCR group itself is so big that there are constantly shifting mini-groups all weekend, since getting food with 40 people in an area that is already packed with 10k visitors is ridonk.

Cool. I ended up feeling lost last year because I had only been on OCR for about 10 months and didn't really know anyone but I think this year should be easier to float around without feeling like a creepy person

Cool. I ended up feeling lost last year because I had only been on OCR for about 10 months and didn't really know anyone but I think this year should be easier to float around without feeling like a creepy person

The first year is always the most intimidating for sure, and my tip for first year friends is that you just need to be assertive and invite yourself along with the crew. I'm happy to chill with people all the time unless:

1. I am trying to sleep

2. I am trying to get quality time with Deia

3. OCR staff stuff

I can't speak for everyone in the community, but I am pretty sure that is the general feeling of most people in the OCR crew as well, so just invite yourself along for the ride. My first MAGFest I went out to dinner with a huge group and at the time I didn't know who most of them were, but it was a great time to get to know them, and it was great.

Okay, this is important! This is the list of people they have who requested rooms in the OCR block. If you're not on this list, I need to know within 24 hours! This is the time limit they've given me to get back with them. So, please respond to me ASAP if you're not on the list and you need to be!!!

b_gyongyi@yahoo.com Balog-Pazmandi

wchrapcynski@gmail.com Chrapcynski

andrew.m.goth@gmail.com Goth

jingajin@gmail.com Jones

vikindrums@gmail.com Lepley

binjovi@gmail.com Snider

brandonestr@gmail.com Strader

janusite@gmail.com Sweeney

There's been some upheaval with my room, had somebody drop. So now there's at least one open slot most nights. The current status is here, and I will endeavor to keep that post up-to-date. The per-night cost will be in the low $30s, as low as $28, depending on how many additional people sign up.

If anyone needs a place to crash, please let me know. If you're thinking you'd like to stay for several nights but can't because my room will be full on just one of those nights, contact me anyway, and I might bend the six-person limit for just one day. That certainly beats forcing people to stay in different rooms different nights.

Also, if anyone (other than Bahamut) has booked a room for anything other than $171.60 a night, let me know. I may have made a mistake when calculating the taxes and fees since they're not clearly spelled out.