MAGFest 12 - Post-MAGFest Depression hits again

Arrow

Does anyone know how much the hotel is going to run, including tax, for the 1st to the 5th? I gotta be really careful budget-wise, I am cutting it kinda close due to bad cash management in November. :tomatoface:

I know I've got hundreds more than what it will be, but I have to account for gas, and stuff I gotta buy on the way there like.... alkyhoal

Edited by Brandon Strader

The MAGFest rate at the Gaylord is $135 a night. Last year I also paid an additional $24 per night in taxes, $15 per night for the resort fee, and $22 for each day I had my car parked there. I know the resort fee's still $15 this year, and the taxes are 16% and so should roughly be the same, but I don't know if the parking fee's changed or not.

Does anyone know how much the hotel is going to run, including tax, for the 1st to the 5th? I gotta be really careful budget-wise, I am cutting it kinda close due to bad cash management in November. :tomatoface:

I know I've got hundreds more than what it will be, but I have to account for gas, and stuff I gotta buy on the way there like.... alkyhoal

Summary of Room Charges Cost per night per room (USD)

Thursday, January 3, 2013 - Sunday, January 6, 2013 ( 3 nights ) 135.00

MAGFEST 2013

Estimated government taxes and fees 24.00

Resort fee 15.00

Total for stay (for all rooms) 522.00

On-site parking, fee: 6 USD hourly, 22 USD daily

Valet parking, fee: 32 USD daily

Changes in taxes or fees implemented after booking will affect the total room price.

This is for 3 nights (3rd to 6th)

Math goes from there.

So it'll be like... $667 :twisted:

Ok. I might have been over-reacting. I have double that available for this, so I should be ok. I was mainly just worried about gas which is around $40 a tank and I'd have to fill up once on the way there, probably, and once on the way back. I also wanted to support some friends and OCR financially.

THANK YOU Dave.

Also for luls: Here's how we fix broken car docks (for phone / GPS) in the south

1511420_10151925016393445_91698924_n.jpg

So it'll be like... $667 :twisted:

Ok. I might have been over-reacting. I have double that available for this, so I should be ok. I was mainly just worried about gas which is around $40 a tank and I'd have to fill up once on the way there, probably, and once on the way back. I also wanted to support some friends and OCR financially.

THANK YOU Dave.

Also for luls: Here's how we fix broken car docks (for phone / GPS) in the south

1511420_10151925016393445_91698924_n.jpg

Oh c'mon, you didn't use duct tape? That's not a true kludge job.

Hey folks! I just updated the MAGFest - Guide to the National Harbor for MAG XII/2014.

Among my favorite changes, the Godiva Store has been replaced with SPAGnVOLA Chocolatier, which is much much better. We also had the chance to check out a couple more restaurants since last time.

Also, Arrow, you think you could add me and Jenner to the list? We're definitely going, for the first time we got a room at the Gaylord and everything (so no more missing late-late-night stuff)!

...less than a week left! KF

Alright, so as the one who reserved the OCR suite, I am setting some ground rules for hanging out in the suite:

1. Each person must be vouched for by at least one member of the community
  2. The door will be unlocked ONLY when there is at least one person from the community present - otherwise you will have to contact one of those who are staying in the suite to open it up, who are Garpocalypse, DaMonz, therex, or SirChadlyOC (& tentatively me as well, but I'm not sure how liberal the hotel will be about giving out an extra key card)
  3. No illegal drugs - no exceptions

Otherwise, please be considerate of the fact that some people will be sleeping in the suite & not make a mess of things. Don't do anything terrible & don't let anyone do anything terrible if you have the opportunity to prevent it.

Thanks all, and let's not ruin things so we can do this in subsequent years too!

No illegal drugs - no exceptions

I know I'm not going to MAGFest this year but I wanted to emphasize this point for those that may not "get it." Some people are in professions (e.g. military, teaching) where drug use or sometimes even suspected drug use will lead to immediate and irrevocable termination from our jobs. Things like smoking marijuana can lead to false positives or raise suspicions because of the smell.

So be courteous!

Hey fellow fighting game players: I have failed you and forgot a small-size SD card. Would someone (GT, Bahamut, zircon?) please bring along a 2 GB SD card with Project M's hackless version installed on it? We need to throw down on the best version of Smash if at all possible, in addition to our usual Street Fighter antics.