MAGFest 12 - Post-MAGFest Depression hits again

Arrow

Hey fellow fighting game players: I have failed you and forgot a small-size SD card. Would someone (GT, Bahamut, zircon?) please bring along a 2 GB SD card with Project M's hackless version installed on it? We need to throw down on the best version of Smash if at all possible, in addition to our usual Street Fighter antics.

I can bring brawl if that's what you mean by smash.

Time for my yearly schpiel!

Make sure to take care of your health at MAGFest, because it really, really sucks to be sick during it. It can be tempting to not sleep, eat lots of junk, etc., but it is totally not worth it if it results in you getting sick and having to miss stuff going on. With so many people around, the "con plague" (aka MAGFlu) tends to hit a lot of people. So my advice is:

- Make sure you get a decent amount of sleep.

- Eat enough, have proper meals.

- Drink plenty of water.

- Don't overdo it on junk food and booze.

- Use your common sense to take care of your health.

As always, I will be the MAGFest nurse, so come to me if you need cold remedy/prevention stuff, cough drops, advil, citrus fruits, tea, etc.

Have a safe and fun MAGFest! ^_^

I was planning on downloading the latest Project M tonight or tomorrow, so I can bring an SD card with it on it.

Just so you know, I replied to Bardic on Twitter earlier and am already bringing Hackless Project M on a spare SD card for him, in case you didn't want to waste an SD card yourself.

Not that installing Project M on your devices is ever a waste, but anyways. XD

I know I'm not going to MAGFest this year but I wanted to emphasize this point for those that may not "get it." Some people are in professions (e.g. military, teaching) where drug use or sometimes even suspected drug use will lead to immediate and irrevocable termination from our jobs. Things like smoking marijuana can lead to false positives or raise suspicions because of the smell.

So be courteous!

That too, as it is a basic courtesy, but more importantly, the room is under my name - if something goes down, I hold the ultimate responsibility & culpability, and any issue related to that is not what I want to spend MAGFest doing. Or to put it in military lingo: "Don't be a buddyfucker"

Alright, so as the one who reserved the OCR suite, I am setting some ground rules for hanging out in the suite:

1. Each person must be vouched for by at least one member of the community
  2. The door will be unlocked ONLY when there is at least one person from the community present - otherwise you will have to contact one of those who are staying in the suite to open it up, who are Garpocalypse, DaMonz, therex, or SirChadlyOC (& tentatively me as well, but I'm not sure how liberal the hotel will be about giving out an extra key card)
  3. No illegal drugs - no exceptions

Otherwise, please be considerate of the fact that some people will be sleeping in the suite & not make a mess of things. Don't do anything terrible & don't let anyone do anything terrible if you have the opportunity to prevent it.

Thanks all, and let's not ruin things so we can do this in subsequent years too!

Outside of OCR Suite, anything goes :twisted:

man, it's been a while, but I can play some mean DDR amy....

It's on!! Let's do it!

EDIT: Actually, one thing I have been wondering for a long time now is if I could do MAX300 now. I never could back in the day, but I've been playing PIU regularly and done things in PIU that are def. harder than MAX300. I totally want to try this.

Edited by Diodes
No I think I sounded too much like a douche

It's on!! Let's do it!

EDIT: Actually, one thing I have been wondering for a long time now is if I could do MAX300 now. I never could back in the day, but I've been playing PIU regularly and done things in PIU that are def. harder than MAX300. I totally want to try this.

Crash Dignity is way harder than anything in DDR. That song is nothing but chaos.

Oh speaking of exercise, I plan to enter in the Pump It Up tournament, if there is one, and it doesn't conflict with OCU/OCR stuff. If anybody is a fan of DDR or Pump It Up, let me know, I totally want to play with you!! Tournament or no, I'd like to try and get some cardio that way, and it would be more fun with friends :<

It's been ages since I played DDR, so I'm definitely up for that (I'm only half as good at Pump it Up... I just don't do diagonals very well). KF

There's a great app for Android (not sure about other OS's) called GroupMe, basically it's like texting and a chatroom combined.
I just bought an Android phone so I could do this at MAGFest. How do I get started? I've installed and logged in to GroupMe, but now it insists I create a group. How do I join an existing OCR group?

I just bought an Android phone so I could do this at MAGFest. How do I get started? I've installed and logged in to GroupMe, but now it insists I create a group. How do I join an existing OCR group?

If it's by Mindless Dribble Inc, then it's also on iOS for those of the Apple persuasion.

Oh, and I downloaded the app for my phone, so yeah, let me set it up first and then see what I have to do to get you to add me.