MAGFest 12 - Post-MAGFest Depression hits again

Arrow

I don't know how many of you know this but I really can't see that good. I can't recognize people unless you get pretty close. Maybe next year some people could post modern pictures so at least it is easier for newcomers, or people with vision problems, to know roughly what people might look like.

My vision is just really bad. I have to rely on other people recognizing me. :cry:

Haven't had time to post my post-MAG post, so here it is.

I had an absolute blast, it was awesome meeting all the new people I got to meet, as well as hanging out with those that I'd met before. Playin' NBA Jam and Mega Man with errybody was a hilarious time. Rocking out at concerts with was super sweet. Chillin' at the indie devs and trying out some upcoming games was really awesome (and some guy even needed music, so maybe something will come from that). Tons of other stuff happened too, too much to mention and too many to name. I just know that I had such a rad time.

Here's to the new year!

Same here, though I've only been on OCR for about 2 years. I'm going to make every effort to get to MAGFest next year.

Do it cash! the people are extremely loving! Im sure everyone says this, but my highlight above all, was how open and freindly everyone was. When i say everyone, i mean, EVERYONE. this community is just amazing.

Ill post up a shot of the OCR keyboard in a bit! And no brandon, you didnt ruin it! it wouldnt be a community keyboard without ALL the signatures! I think i might have missed a few people though, sadly. I need to figure out how to clearcoat the keys so the sharpie doesnt wear off as i play it.

So much fun was had this mag! Also big thanks to Pete and the indie crew for letting me stay in your room! You guys were very welcoming and fun to be around( even if i was a bit shy). I look forward to next year, im sure it will be even better.

also, that melodeon! i wanna buy one of those soooo bad!

Meeting so many people who participated in FFCC was awesome! I even met NovaReaper but I think I only saw him once. That was awesome. And Esperado! And of course the people I already knew. :-) and Chimpazilla! Awesome.

yea, i dont remember if i thanked you for sharing your jagermeister, but thanks for sharing! next year ill try to actually hang out and do something!

MAGFest was awesome. I probably saw less of the OCR community then ever this time around which sucks, but whatever, it's MAGFest.

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks to anyone who might have caught my chiptune band Marshall Art play at chipspace (I know at least ONE of you was there :) )

I see the streams were linked a few times here too, glad you guys were tuning in! We (8BitX + myself (I was the only Arecibo Radio staff there this year) + Clipstream + some MAGFest staff) put that all together and it's nice to see people appreciated it. :-D

After visiting this thread post-MAG, I'm making it my goal to attend next year's MAGfest if at all possible. Really want to meet you guys and experience the awesome that is MAGfest. Heck, I'll gladly welcome Post-MAG Depression if it means I get to go!

If there's one thing I regret, it's not hanging out with you guys as much as I should have. I met a few of you, and that was super-cool, but I didn't really hang out. I guess I'm a lurker in real life like I'm a lurker here in the forums, or maybe being my first MAGfest I was just crazy-overwhelmed. Whatever the case, if I go again next year, I'm gonna force myself to meet more of you guys.

If there's another thing I regret it's that I missed the OCU show. :cry: Somehow I got times mixed up and didn't get there until everyone was packing stuff up.

Oh man, MAGFest was incredible as always. So glad that I got a room this year, since that meant we didn't have to miss a minute -- had it not been for that, I would've had to pass on MAGProm, the DJ Battle, and just hanging out in the OCR suite 'til like 3AM losing at Super Bomberman.

Anyway! So much to say... The biggest regrets are (a) not getting a flu shot, since I and Jenner both caught MAGFlu (her worse than me) and had to miss out on all the post-MAGFest get-togethers, and (B) ...there were just so many people I wanted to see or hang out with, and not enough time. I suspect that most people have a combination of those two.

But more importantly, the highlights. I already made a FB post with this, so I won't go into exactly as much detail.

• The best part is, as always, getting to see so many of OCR in one place -- both old friends and new.
  • I didn't see as many bands, but enjoyed what I did. I made sure to at least see Random/Mega Ran & K-Murdock, and The Megas. Seeing Triforce Quartet for the first time was incredible -- both in the lobby and a packed Stage 2.
  • OverClocked University is better than ever {^^}.
  • Mentioned this already, but both MAGProm and the DJ Battle were excellent. For the latter I just caught Blind, Ben Briggs, and Flexstyle, but nevertheless that was perhaps my favorite night of the convention -- of any convention, for that matter.
  • The OCR suite was a great idea! Loved having a place to just drop in and see what's going on. Maybe next year we'll also be part of the OCR block -- depends on who we're rooming with and if they're up for that.
  • 8-player MarioKart, 4-player Super Bomberman, all good, even when I'm losing. ...badly. ...and comically.
  • Impromptu performances in shedspace, the hallways, and the OCR suite are always fun.

Phew! And now that I'm no longer (as) sick, PMD is setting in... =(

See you next year, or before then! KF

Anyway! So much to say... The biggest regrets are (a) not getting a flu shot, since I and Jenner both caught MAGFlu (her worse than me) and had to miss out on all the post-MAGFest get-togethers, and (B) ...there were just so many people I wanted to see or hang out with, and not enough time. I suspect that most people have a combination of those two.

ain't that the truth. :< i've been near bed ridden since monday and I haven't been sick in almost a decade so this really caught me off guard.

Might end up stopping by a walk-in tommarow just to see if there is anything that can be done. How well is everyone else faring?

ain't that the truth. :< i've been near bed ridden since monday and I haven't been sick in almost a decade so this really caught me off guard.

Might end up stopping by a walk-in tommarow just to see if there is anything that can be done. How well is everyone else faring?

I'm feeling really good right now! Even with all of Magfest and school, I haven't gotten sick.

Bed-ridden sucks, I know how it feels :cry:

:< i've been near bed ridden since monday

Oh no! Need some serious cheering up:

"Is a hippopotamus a hippopotamus, or just a really cool Opotamus?"

"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

"My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real hero?"

"Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak midget trying to bring you down."

"My belt holds my pants up, but the belt loops hold my belt up. I don't really know what's happening down there. Who is the real hero?"

I loved the spontaneous Mitch Hedberg recitations in the elevator :-D

It's amazing that we brought up the "escalators become stairs" joke and then they actually became stairs the next day.